Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Here comes DR. TRAN!
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my local games store has this blood bowl league going, which I was never really interested in until I kind of got talked into it. So I've decided to make a Lizardmen team, unfortunately ALL, and I mean ALL of the blood bowl minis are hideous. They haven't been changed in like 15 years or more. So I've decided to go and convert Fantasy Temple Guard into the bulk of my team. My problem is that they all hold weapons and shields. So I was wondering if anyone knew of bitz, from any range not just GW, that I could use to replace the hands. I would like to have a few open hands so I can make at least one carry the ball. But clenched fists would work as well. I already looked at 40K Ork hands, but they have 5 fingers, and lizardmen have 4. Any ideas anyone?

·
Here comes DR. TRAN!
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the hands are completely different styles, and 4 skinny fingers would look silly. And while I can do basic greenstuffing, i can't sculpt

·
318 Posts
If you have a pin vise with little drill bits, it's not too difficult to drill weapons out of hands. I do this all the time with Marines, zombies, etc. Just hack the weapon off at the top and bottom near the fist (doesn't have to be right on, since you can clean up later), then drill through where the handle is left. With the right sized bit, and a little filing/x-acto'ing to clean the area up, it can come out looking pretty nice.

You can take it a step further at this point, and cut the fingers at the knuckles to open up the hand. You just have to do a little gs'ing to fix the fingers once you've done that.

This can be a little bit more time consuming, but I've had better luck with it over trying to find appropriately sized hands to replace stuff with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts