Librarium Online Forums banner

Do you go on LO at work?

• Yes all the time and I dont care.

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Yes but I should probibly stop.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Only once in a blue moon when im free.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • No never im to busy working.

Votes: 10 18.5%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came up in my other thread and got me wondering how many people use their work computers to check LO.
I do and do it quite often kinda feel bad about it how about you.

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
I wouldn't really vote because I don't work. But if I worked at a place with computer I would definitely do it if I am not busy.

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
i dont use a work cpu but my laptop, and im on here when i should be working!!!

·
Thread Killer!
2,642 Posts
I check things when I can at work. I try not to let it interfere with my work though. Photobucket and most other online file/picture storage sights are blocked so I usually don't get the opportunity to comment on other peoples work unless I have a chance to view from home.

To be quite frank I usually have more time at work than I do at home. Go figure! ;)

Cheers,

-Mike

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
I've been told that, in our lunch hour, we can use the internet for personal interests. So that's when I'm on LO.

I do kind of feel guilty about it, sometimes. But, not having the net at home, and work being my only reliable point of access, I can't really get around it.

I keep waiting for it to be blocked, though. I'm sure it will happen one day, but I really hope not. What will I do in my lunch hour?

Speaking of which, it's about time for me to go...

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've been told that, in our lunch hour, we can use the internet for personal interests. So that's when I'm on LO.

I do kind of feel guilty about it, sometimes. But, not having the net at home, and work being my only reliable point of access, I can't really get around it.

I keep waiting for it to be blocked, though. I'm sure it will happen one day, but I really hope not. What will I do in my lunch hour?

Speaking of which, it's about time for me to go...
Same feeling here man, I'll go on it as well if I get in early in the morning, and I may check it in the day, but I don't let it damage my output.

·
2,076 Posts
I check LO every morning I come to work.
Since I moved I cant get an Internet connection, so I have little choice

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
My option isn't there :)

I sit behind a computer all day and between work i sometimes check the board.

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
I do, but hey at least its not Facebook...actually i do that too :(

·
Aliens ate my soul.
1,413 Posts
I spend most of my working day on here or surfing the net.
I work for the largest brewery in the world (inbev, the guys who make Stella) but
last year 80% of the u.k staff were made redundant and 90% my work load was moved
overseas, so now im forced to work the same hours as before but with only a fraction of my workload to do. This leaves me with around 4 hours a day to kill.
I have even thought about writing a novel whilst im at work, but so far I spend my days surfing the net for any information I can find regarding Zoats and Tyranid mind slaves. oh happy days !

·
1,037 Posts
I spend most of my working day on here or surfing the net.
I work for the largest brewery in the world (inbev, the guys who make Stella) but
last year 80% of the u.k staff were made redundant and 90% my work load was moved
overseas, so now im forced to work the same hours as before but with only a fraction of my workload to do. This leaves me with around 4 hours a day to kill.
I have even thought about writing a novel whilst im at work, but so far I spend my days surfing the net for any information I can find regarding Zoats and Tyranid mind slaves. oh happy days !
i hate you.............................

come work for the NHS

never im paid to work at work not sit and play around online

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
At my work the internets free and unblocked but use is very frowned apon outside of breaks so getting caught on LO is not a good thing.
Not saying I dont do it i wouldn't get nearly as much time on here if I didnt but still something I know I should cut down on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
At my work everything is blocked... but fortunatly for me i'm the systems administrator... so I can do whatever I want... hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Seriously i'm @ work right now, but i only log on breifly if I'm having a slow day. Other times I have no time to even check my email...

-Razal19

·
Registered
867 Posts
I spend most of my time at university where we do have free access to computers, but I have made a decision to forego internet surfing at school to prevent detrimental procrastination of homework.

However, I also work as a medical technician at a hospital, and on night shifts between rounds, if we’ve got no new emergency admissions, I usually surf the internet to keep myself awake and alert. It’s a good opportunity to get in some really long rambling posts, but on the other hand I don’t have access to my fluff source material which can be annoying when I need a very specific reference to make a key point in a debate.

At least there’s no risk of me browsing LO at the expense of my work; my work tends to complain loudly and threaten lawsuits if I don’t pay it my full attention. ;)

~Greph.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
At lunchtime I might have a quick look around to see what's happening, but generally I don't.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts