Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im starting this club/clan in the hopes that there are others on these forums that share my interest in cars and other things that go zooom. I myself own two cars, one of them is a 1986 Mazda Familia Infinity, it has a 1600cc dohc turbo engine, a front wheel drive limited slip diff gearbox, and Recaro seats from factory. The only things put on it are a turbosmart blow off valve, a autogage boost gauge and 16inch Advanti wheels.

Sorry about the blurry pics but I only have a phone camera so its the best I can do :(.

My other car is a 1989 Ford Falcon GL, it has a 3900cc straight six engine, it is a 6 seater with a column shift automatic transmission, so far I have put a stereo in it but I plan to put some new wheels on it and lower it, and add more to the stereo.

Again sorry about the pics.

Oh and I just bought another familia the same shape as the one above, that will be getting a 1800 dohc turbo engine put in it.

If you want to join just say what your car is and what car you would most like to have (if you dont have a car but are into cars then just say what car you want most). Oh and putting something in your sig would be cool too.

· Registered
528 Posts
I too own a Mazda. It's a 1993 Mazda 626 with a 2.0liter 4 cylinder engine. It's been a great car but is getting a little long in the tooth so I may start looking to buy a new one later on in the year. As far as what car I'd like to buy?...Well if money wasn't an issue then I'd probably go for a Ford GT40 or possibly a Honda S2000. More realistically however, I'm probably going to buy a small (but hot) hatchback...Not quite sure what hatch but I'm liking everything I see and read aboiut the Ford Focus GT.

· Registered
329 Posts
it seems that everyone now days owns a mazda. When I have been driving around (well i haven't been driving my parents have) i have noticed that every 'nice' car that i saw was either a mazda or a porsche.

You get the odd 'ver nice car' but that is quite rare ( and even then its normally a porshce)

as for my favourite car: i have always wanted a dodge viper convertible, and i swear some day i am going to get one.

somewhat predictably, i also want a Bugatti Veyron, but thats never gonna happen!

· Registered
1,007 Posts
Obsidian said:
it seems that everyone now days owns a mazda. When I have been driving around (well i haven't been driving my parents have) i have noticed that every 'nice' car that i saw was either a mazda or a porsche.
Nothing wrong with Mazda, they produce some really fun cars, I can really vouch for the latest 6 model with the 2.3L engine, great car to drive.

Anyhow for my own ride, I own a 1981 Datsun 280ZX, quite a rare car (at least in Sweden) with a nice 2.8L engine, sorry no pics as it's away to get a new paintjob. Other plans also includes a Chervolet LS1 350 from a Corvette, though I could get an quite ok car for the price of that motor, but would be fun to do. Untill my car is done I borrow my mums Volvo.. yeah not that fun but an ok car.
Dreamcar, hmm probably a Ford GT or GT40, though the latest BMW M5 or M6 with the V10 engine is another option.
Though reality points more at a Nissan Skyline than any of those cars, they're not that expensive and are model that I really want.

Wookie said:
More realistically however, I'm probably going to buy a small (but hot) hatchback...Not quite sure what hatch but I'm liking everything I see and read aboiut the Ford Focus GT.
There's a Ford Focus with the same turbo inline 5 that you can find in most Volvo cars, I think it's the Focus SD, could be worth it if you want an engine that you can pick quite a few horses from.

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Vindkall said:
Nothing wrong with Mazda, they produce some really fun cars, I can really vouch for the latest 6 model with the 2.3L engine, great car to drive.
I love Mazdas. And I think that Mazda is about the only company still making good looking cars, I mean compare the Mazda 6 or RX8 to a Nissan 350Z or late model Toyota Corolla, theres no contest between them in my mind. Oh and it would be awesome to have a Mazda 6 MPS with the 2.3L turbo engine and 4WD.

Vindkall said:
Anyhow for my own ride, I own a 1981 Datsun 280ZX, quite a rare car (at least in Sweden) with a nice 2.8L engine, sorry no pics as it's away to get a new paintjob. Other plans also includes a Chervolet LS1 350 from a Corvette, though I could get an quite ok car for the price of that motor, but would be fun to do. Untill my car is done I borrow my mums Volvo.. yeah not that fun but an ok car.
280ZX's are nice looking cars I havent been in one so I dont know how well they go, but its safe to say it would go pretty well if you did put the V8 in it.

Vindkall said:
Dreamcar, hmm probably a Ford GT or GT40, though the latest BMW M5 or M6 with the V10 engine is another option.
Though reality points more at a Nissan Skyline than any of those cars, they're not that expensive and are model that I really want.
My dreamcar is a "done up" familia, so I am allready halfway there with my familia (just need to "do it up" now)

Vindkall said:
There's a Ford Focus with the same turbo inline 5 that you can find in most Volvo cars, I think it's the Focus SD, could be worth it if you want an engine that you can pick quite a few horses from.
Do you have any more info on this turbo Focus? I really want to know more about it.

· Registered
1,007 Posts
Turns out that it's called Focus ST and not SD (there's too many models :p), anyhow managed to dig up this :
Tuningnews
Carpages.co.uk
ford.co.uk

Original with 220 bhp, though there's a ton of parts to that engine (at least in Sweden) as it's a standard Volvo engine with a Ford logo on it, can probably tune it to 300 bhp without any larger modifications, and even more without going over the top, but it's not that good to go over that as it's a FWD car.

· Registered
528 Posts
Well I've gone and done it! Once all the bank details clear Wookie will say goodbye to his Mazda 626 and start rolling in his 2006 Ford Focus ZX3. It's a silver 5-speed manual with a 2.0 liter Duratec in-line 4 engine...not the top of the line but has enough ponies for me & my little Ford. So...come this summer Wookie will be driving to the LO meet in his new wheels.

· Registered
2,095 Posts
I recently bought a Landrover Defender 90 with 7 seats. It's my "project" for green-laning, I've spent more time under it so far than driving it. I'm about to swap over to 4 nice big 235/85/R16 Mud Terrain tyres, and invest in a snorkel and winch bumper eventually.

I've mounted Chequer Plating all over it, invested in a chrome A bar with Spotlights, and am thinking about buying a second hand roof-rack/ladder combo to finish it off.

Eventually I'll replace all the trim and carpeting, I'll see if I can find some nice leather seats in a scrapyard and stick em in the front and replace the middle seat with a cubby box.

Not the fastest vehicle in the world, but off-road I will eat all comers. It's quite fun going off-roading with Pajeros, and watching them get stuck while I just plough on through.

I've only got old pics, but in a week or two I might take some photos.

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wookie said:
Well I've gone and done it! Once all the bank details clear Wookie will say goodbye to his Mazda 626 and start rolling in his 2006 Ford Focus ZX3. It's a silver 5-speed manual with a 2.0 liter Duratec in-line 4 engine...not the top of the line but has enough ponies for me & my little Ford. So...come this summer Wookie will be driving to the LO meet in his new wheels.
Congratulations on the new car, and nice choice by the way.

· Registered
942 Posts
Oh hello, this looks like a fun place.
Right can I join?

Fav dream cars: Aston Martin DB9, Bentley continental GT, ford Mustang(new one), Hummer H1 and Subaru Impreza with kit(so it looks like the rally version)

Parents drive:
dad- Dodge Durango 2005(pwns)
mom- Nissan x-trail (fun and reliable)

I'm not old enough to drive but when I do I will be getting a Jeep Wrangler :)

why all the 4x4s? Offroading in the desert :yes:

so can I join the club?

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dodge said:
Oh hello, this looks like a fun place.
Right can I join?

Fav dream cars: Aston Martin DB9, Bentley continental GT, ford Mustang(new one), Hummer H1 and Subaru Impreza with kit(so it looks like the rally version)

Parents drive:
dad- Dodge Durango 2005(pwns)
mom- Nissan x-trail (fun and reliable)

I'm not old enough to drive but when I do I will be getting a Jeep Wrangler :)

why all the 4x4s? Offroading in the desert :yes:

so can I join the club?
Yeah you can join so I guess this means I should welcome you so umm...welcome I guess.^_^

· Registered
244 Posts
Car Clan? SWEET! :w00t: I'd like to join!

Personal Ride: 92 sky blue Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra S (hey it's not fancy, but it gets me from point A to B and it's a blast to drive)

Easily Obtainable New Car: 95-96 Mistubishi Eclipse, or 95-96 Mitsubishi Lancer.

Difficult to Obtain/Fantasy Car: Lancer EVO VII, McLaren F1, Toyata Supra, Acura RSX

Best Video Game with cars in it: Gran Turismo and it's sequels. The game has actually helped me with real driving. The only problem is when I go out on the racetrack...err....highway, and scare my friends cause only slow down a wee bit during turns. :shifty:

1,192 Posts
Here is my hot sexy ride. Its the best car...van ever! :p And now for the ridicule and me getting made fun of...

1,192 Posts
:\ Hondas aren't bad...The noly thing I have problems with them is that the windows fog up very fast(and I mean fast) on rainy days. other than that, the van has been workign since 1995 and has at least 200,000 miles anmd is still kicking (in a way). I don't expect it to die very soon :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.