Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking, why dont we have LO medals? iv seen this on other forums and why dont we make some? Like a medal for bieng funny, stupid, horny , crazy, that way we can all earn medals lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well yes multiple medals ofcourse. but we have to make em hard to get, yuo know what i mean? Lets say attendce, somehow we see if someone was on the LO today or not and if he keeps coming in for at least 2 weeks he gets a medal get it?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Either have nominations from people, and then admin/mods decide or have noms and then a general vote.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Obviously not every nomination is considered. However, I do think that, as a community, we should award them (no offence mods :p). Obviously the mods would make the nom selections. Either way would probably work.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Aye I think nominations and voting should be done by all regulars, not just mods. Best idea is probably to do it just like Toastee's L-O awards some time ago, where peeps nominate, and then there's 3 peeps for each category to pick from.

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Why not mix it in with the LO awards. The next one is already being started on

Only thing with that is, the awards aren't a regular thing every 7-9 months or so.

But yeah, that might be good. Adding little graphic medals/badges for certain awards.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
That gives us 2 options:
1) use the awards for medals, so no 2 peeps can have the same
2) euh, do something different, so multiple peeps can have the same medal (be part of the same cult if you will).
Which to chose...

·
Registered
506 Posts
I like that idea actually. As for giving them out I think the best way would be through the LO awards, with that cult/clan thing we could just keep it to sig's.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well you see it goes just as in the army, mods should do it but no mod can give himself medals

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Aaargghh... Is it already time for a new Awards Contest?

This is just the period where I don't have a computer! You may (or may not) have noticed that I haven't been posting so much lately...
None of the noobs will know me! I won't even be nominated! AAARRRGGHHH!!!

Well, maybe I can get an award for 'Most melodramatic member' hehehe...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Aww poor bobahat... how long does your period take (wow that sounds weird...)? It'll probably be some time before we get round to new nominations anyway.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hey who's hosting well organinsing this year's (well actually few months) lo awards anyway???

Either way I'm looking forward to it, I was surprissed by what I got last time, I wonder if I still got...notice the pride here ppl!

·
DING
1,740 Posts
Yep i like that idea. Medals would be a great way to award those who show more abnormal and antisocial
behaviour than usual, as if that would be hard around here ;) .

By the by just like to welcome myself back aswell, left my crappy job(working 56 hours a week) and came back to college
so looks like free intranet access for me wooooohooooooo.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Ooh medals. Good idea, but I think there should be medals for attendance, post count etc that anyone can get, and unique medals which are awarded on a quarter-yearly basis, with each award winner being presented with a unique medal. Each subsequent awards ceremony shall have similar awards, but different medal graphics.

Any medals worn, could be put underneath the user's name, or thereabouts, for all to see, and there should be a link somewhere to a medal chart, where the name and nature of each medal is shown, so you know what each medal represents.

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by Sister_mel@Oct 1 2003, 11:31
Hey who's hosting well organinsing this year's (well actually few months) lo awards anyway???

Either way I'm looking forward to it, I was surprissed by what I got last time, I wonder if I still got...notice the pride here ppl!
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee again =^___^=

It'll probably be about christmas time, so still a couple of months off yet.

·
Registered
190 Posts
What qualifies as a regular member? I come here 3-4+ times a day I just don't post alot, (I hate Spamming and usually don't have much to add to most posts...) I would consider myself a regular member but I don't think many people know me... My post count isn't very high 'cause most of my posts find there way into forums that don't add to the count, so we kinda need to set a precedent for what a regular member is...

This site is one of the few reasons I even use the computer anymore... (besides downloading hot pictures of Eliza Dushku!)

·
Registered
664 Posts
I nominate myself for most-Sexiest-psychotic-gothic-annoying-loose-cannon award!

I dunno about anyone else, but I think I'm a shoe-in..... :blink:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.