Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the topic for the LO Meet 2008 Big Game!

As it stands the big game will be set for 3 vs 3, Imperial vs Chaos, with 1500 points per player. (Note that if there is enough interest the number of players will increase to 8, and it will become 4 vs 4, but this is only if the interest is there.)

Rules system has yet to be decided. That will be one perpose of this topic once all the places have been taken.

When it is the turn of one side, players will play at the same time. I.E All Chaos players will move etc together.
This is to keep the flow of a normal game, and to stop other players in the game from becoming bored.

There will be a judge... namely myself, however, I doubt I will need to judge all that much... though in order to still be the judge you'll probably find that I'll just game on the next table along so that I can ref and play in my own games at the same time! (I CAN MULTITASK MUMMY!)

so at the minute thats all there is on the matter. Plese feel to discuss, and if you want to, secure yourself a place on one of the sides.

Imperial (SM, WH, IG, DH)

Chaos (CSM, IG?)

At the minute I know there doesn't seem to be a lot to go on, but that it reason for this thread. At least then the game will be sorted out will before hand, and everyone will know what they are doing.

Once we have hashed it all out, this thread will be replaced with a detail information thread.

And again, please keep this thread free of any banter. Thanks.

Toastee

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
I was going to bring my Eldar for 40k, but if there is any problem getting a 4th for the imperial side I can bring my IG instead- so im not putting my name down, but i'll be first reserve if there arent enough numbers on the side of the imperium

·
Ayatollah Moomintroll
1,465 Posts
Sounds sensible, Toastee. I might just bring along my Blood Angels, although I should think there are others with more recent gaming experience than myself with a greater claim to be part of this game.

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Okay thats cool.

I was talking with someone this morning about adding Orks to the Chaos side, since the amount of options for the Imperials seems to out weigh the ones for the Chaos side. Thoughts?
i think thats a good idea, add a bit of unpredictability to the chaos side

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aye lol.
But if you look at it from a DoW point of view its possible it could happen I guess. But I guess we'll wait and see if theres any ork players who actually want to play.

As for the chaos side there doesn't seem to be much interest at the minute. Though I think Karmoon might be up for it.

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
danjones87: Thats something we need to decide, but reather than me just say what it will be, I wanted people to have the chance to talk about it, as to what would be more enjoyable.

I don't mind it being Apoc, but mind you, I wont be playing, so.

So what do you guys want? Normal 40k or Apoc?

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
I think you need to keep an eye on the time it takes to play a game of this size, without appoc rules or something close you need to whiz over stuff to fit it in, therefore I would suggest Appoc is probably the sensible thing to do

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Id suggest either using the apocalypse rules, or limiting it to 1000 pts per side (so 4000 v 4000) if you started early on saturday you should get it done, but maybe with time limits for turns etc.

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There should be enough time for it I think. The game will start at 11am, and we should all be there by 10 anyway giving us plenty of time to be deployed before kick off.
Pack is at 5.30pm, so its a good 6 hours to play it.

Having said that, I've not played a big game before, so, I don't know how long they normally take. But with everyone on one side going at the same time, it should keep the flow of a normal game though I think.

I wouldn't mind seeing an Apoc game mind. I've not seen one yet o_o So would be interesting ^_^

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
About 8000 points would take that time to play, given more than 2 players per side, possibly up to 10000, but they wont ahve time to play anyone else or abuse the Dwarf, and since that is mandatory...

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aye, it'll be between 4000 to 6000.

I think in that case its probably best to go with 6000... it should be a decent size then for a decent enough Apoc game, and still time to have lunch at somewhere between 1 and 2pm?

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
with 3-4 players per side, that should work unless they have to spend their entire time in the codecies or rule books, may get there myself if I can get it past the missus, but also will clearly need a big enough bucket of custard to pour down kuffeys chainmail

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
*nods* Well disputes can always be handle via dice off.

And a time limit per turn might be a wise choice to make sure the game does continue to move forward.
30 minutes a turn? Or might that be too much?

Hehe, would be good to see you there mate ^_^

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
not tried timing it but with 4 a side at 3000 it regularly takes our indie about 2 hours gaming, contrast that to 2 weeks ago, 6000 point/2 players a side and we started at 10 and finished about 5

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
no problems mate, should also point out that where it goes paer shaped is what I was on about, having your nose in a book, not because of a dispute, but because you dont know the stats or rules, it really helps if you have a referee who can arbitrate and make stuff up on the spot, provided both sides agree to abide by his decisions (which isnt a problem in friendly games)

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
*nods* I shall be buying the Apoc book soon so that I can read up on it all.

The only thing I think might cause problems is if someone plays orks of DH, or if there are rules for traitorous IG. I don't have any of that yet :/

1 - 20 of 61 Posts