Librarium Online Forums banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
First of all, congrats to you all, those are some sick paint jobs. I like too many to say which is the best lol.
I was wondering how you guys manage to take such good pics of your models. When i try (or even when my friend tried whos into photography with a sick camera) to take pics, they come out looking really bad and the lighting sucks and its all shiny etc. How do you even set it up so it doesnt look like there is a background to it and so you can see the model very well?

·
DROP PODS!!
690 Posts
First of all, congrats to you all, those are some sick paint jobs. I like too many to say which is the best lol.
I was wondering how you guys manage to take such good pics of your models. When i try (or even when my friend tried whos into photography with a sick camera) to take pics, they come out looking really bad and the lighting sucks and its all shiny etc. How do you even set it up so it doesnt look like there is a background to it and so you can see the model very well?

i have a few rules when taking reasonable pics

1) tri pod helps heaps, with a delayed shutter this will help eliminate camera shakes
2) try to take the picture with a backdrop to help focus on the mini, white paper works
3) lighting, i use my desk lamp which is a last a meter away from the mini
4) take multiple photos and pick from the best
5) turn the flash off
6) if using D-slr i turn off auto focus

photoshop will help with lighting levels too

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thought I would get involved and post my most recent work. I've been trying to advance my painting recently. So I'm trying out new techniques, I'm trying to learn how to wet blend, Im trying to improve my battle damage, and generally trying to push myself a little further.

Multi Melta:

Top Half:

Bottom Half:

Space Marines:

C&C always welcome.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts