Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my local shop is having a 750 point tournament on sunday and i was wondering if i could bounce an army list off you guys id love the input

Ghazghkull-225
10 Ard boyz-100
5 nobz 3 big choppas-115
trukk with red paint-40
3 big gunz (kannons) with 9 gits in total-69
5 mega nobz 200
=749

·
Registered
95 Posts
so my local shop is having a 750 point tournament on sunday and i was wondering if i could bounce an army list off you guys id love the input

Ghazghkull-225
10 Ard boyz-100
5 nobz 3 big choppas-115
trukk with red paint-40
3 big gunz (kannons) with 9 gits in total-69
5 mega nobz 200
=749

First thing i will say is that i'm sure some people will come on here and tear your list to bits with cries of "where are the nob bikers" and "you should have 90 shoota boys" but i think it looks like fun.

if you did want to make it a shade more competative, bearing in mind this is only from personal experiance, i would drop 2 of the Mega nobs and use the spare points to get them and the hard boys a truck each or drop the Mega nobs entirely and get some more ard boys and a nob and small ork squad with a nob (both with power klaws) both in trucks.

Either way take the list you want, also let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
281 Posts
it looks like itlll be fun to play with so many strong units. However, dont get mad but if it was me....

I personally find ghaz a bit of a point sink, although he can be really useful, would definitly get him in a transport though.

Are the ard boys in a truck? if yes then they could propably get by not being ard. If not you could get a truck instead of heavy armor for same price. Now im guessing yopu were gonna put Ghaz here but itd proabbly still be worth putting a claw nob in with them.

I am not a fan of big choppas and the lack of power weapons in could be a real problem. ork initiative is pants anyway so powerclaws are really really useful both because of the strength bonus and the ability to ignore saves.

A few Red Trucks are good,a red truck is a sitting duck.

big guns can be useful . definitly when they are the only real shooting you have. word of advice keep them in seperate units to maximise the targets you can fire at.

mega nobs can be brilliant. walking them up the battle feild is not. get a transport.

have you considered battlewagons?they're big and tough and can transport a busload of orks in realative safety almost anywhere. plus they can have a Deff rolla which can flatten enemies like no bodies buisness.

well thats my too teef and in the end its what you want that you should take.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well see the plan is to put ghaz with the mega nobs in the truck we play on small tables so second turn id be in melee id be able to use the boys as cover for the first turn after which i could waaagh and gain a 24"charge second turn (with the trukk or course) that was my thinking the ard boys are for nothing more then getting a 4+ save

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
It's not hard to pop a Trukk, once it goes your entire army is SOL.

Even if you do make it, all they need to do is toss a bait unit your way (scouts, combat squads, IG infantry, kroot, etc), let you munch it, then you get shot to hell.

Sticking all your eggs in one basket is never good. Carrying your eggs with wet tissue paper is much worse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.