Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there people out there who think the lochness monster is real? if you do why and if you dont why not. i think i doesn't excist because it is not posible to live in that lake

--for the greater good--

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
I saw this programme where they said that there aren't enough fish in the Loch to feed a large creature... I dunno... Don't really care to be honest...

·
850 Posts
hate to tell you shas, but the loch ness monster is a hoax. There was a show about some of these lengends, and the loch ness was really a inflated dinosaur that someone put in the water and did a big prank w/ it. So the loch ness is fake and dosen't exist.

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
Concurred. The most accredited photo of the monster, eg, this one:

Taken in 1933, was actually a hoax, made by using some rubber tubing and a model submarine as the construction.

It does not exist.

·
Registered
857 Posts
It's like my comment on dragons. Something that big cannot survive for this long without being noticed, especially with so many people looking for it. After alien abductions are reported, reports increase geometrically until the news stps covering it. It's the "Me, too!" mentality. People want in on the action.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Apparently they already 'scanned' the entire Loch, finding nothing. So no, I don't think 'Nessie' exists (also because of the many edited photographs).

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
phweee

luckely there are some smart people on this big piece of mud circling in space. yes have also always thougth that theyr was nothing but stuill why would so many people think they DID see something?? mass hysterics? mass psygnosis?? aliens?? it doesn't excist in this world, but why does it in peoples heads? any shrinks around here :ph34r:

--for the greater good--

·
Registered
849 Posts
The Lochness.......That's a frekkin hoax! It is not possible for something to live in that salty ***** called water, i mean yea, maybe 1,500 years ago, but not now. Although......There are other lakes in the world where it is VERY possible that something does exist.......where there is a food source and clean water.....and some scientists are convinced that the story of Chad, wherever the hell the lake he live in is, is very possible.....

·
DING
1,740 Posts
There have been reports of a monster in loch Ness for hundreds of years. There was an missionary (i think his name was St. Columcille) and in a story about his life he fought a monster as he crossed Loch Ness in a boat. In Ireland there are a few lakes where there are reported monsters. There is one monster called "An Paiste" which is the irish for The Worm. This monster is not nearly as "big" as Nessy but its around 10 foot long and has the head of a stout/otter if you believe the stories. I would keep and open mind about these things, there was a fish found about twenty years ago that was thought to have died out a million years ago, so as i say keep an open mind. Remember, what cant be proved can still be true.

·
DING
1,740 Posts
There have been reports of a monster in loch Ness for hundreds of years. There was an missionary (i think his name was St. Columcille) and in a story about his life he fought a monster as he crossed Loch Ness in a boat. In Ireland there are a few lakes where there are reported monsters. There is one monster called "An Paiste" which is the irish for The Worm. This monster is not nearly as "big" as Nessy but its around 10 foot long and has the head of a stout/otter if you believe the stories. I would keep and open mind about these things, there was a fish found about twenty years ago that was thought to have died out a million years ago, so as i say keep an open mind. Remember, what cant be proved can still be true.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The_Inquisitor: I can point out already that the photo you posted is a hoax, this has been proved by people at several independent investigators.
Although there have been taken other photos too, one especially. i haven't got it now but I can add one tomorrow.

And about the fish in the lake thing...
Some people mean that Lock Ness is by some mean connected with another lake:
Seljord lake in Norway.
At that lake there have been footages of the socalled "monster as late as for a few years ago, live footage, not made by some random person but filmed by the filmcrew from the second larges(someone might disagree on this) tv channel in norway.
I'll see if I can add a link to that too.

·
Registered
959 Posts
as chemical caveman pointed out there has been sitings of a monster in the loch since the celts. there have been stones found near loch ness with celtic writing on it and carvings of what looks like nessy.

who knows maybe it's not a plesiosaur as most people think but a water dragon? :huh:

it's quite possible that something once did and may still exsist in Loch Ness, but to say something the size of a plesiosaur is just ridiculous. there would have to be other "nessies" for it to mate with and we would surely know if there were several hundred if not thousands of plesiosaurs left.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I like the idea of a water dragon more than a Plesiasaur.....Dragons will always live, even long after man has "left" the planet. They will be here forever and will be with man as he travels in space, not in form, but in his thoughts.....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ofcourse its no plesiosaur. thats because of a few pionts

1: there is not enough fish to feed at least 4 plesiosaur ( they have to reduplicate so they have to have children)
2: its to cold, plesiosaur are coldblooded. coldblooded animals get warm by moving/swimming. calculating that it would have to swim so much and it would use so much food to get that energy the whole lake would have to be filled with fish and its not.
3:how could it have suvived for so long (about 5 milion years ). in that time it would have made so much children that they would be swarming the world not that there would be 1!! in loch ness

the conclusion is:

!!IT CANT BE A PLESIOSAUR!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
The Loch Ness Monster is a trick to lure in tourists.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Apparently Canada has it's own "loch ness monster". It has a weird name like "Ogopogo". Apparently tons of people see if everywhere, and one guy got this pretty crazy video footage of this big thing moving through the water.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i think its just a psychological thing. almost every (big) country has its own monster or stranges thing. it makes the boring lifes of those people more interesting. thats why these monster are always seen in places where not much people live. life is boring so you make up some fun. ( i would also do that, but hiding a monster in holland is a bit odd :lol: )

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.