Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol... I was thinking... Wouldn't it be cool to charge all of your guardsmen... That's like 180 guys charging.. With artillery banging away at the enemy...

·
994 Posts
ive seen it done and it was done effectively. a very big battle though. 5 full platoons, so 250 guardsmen in squads and 5 liuetenant squads, a total of 275 men. the covering fire was from 3 basilisks.

the men charged and destroyed 30 chaos terminators, a bloodthirter, deamon prince, and 60 chaos.

not that bad.

·
994 Posts
yeah but you usually find taht nothing stands to the fire of 275 men either so when you rapid fire at 6" 550 str 3 shots not bad.

then on the charge (using old rules from rulebook not trail assault) 2 attacks each so 550 attacks and an extra 5 attacks for liuetenants

so 275 shots + 555 attacks = total of 830. enough to kill any army.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*Grin* I'm considering doing Daemonhunter/IG *Grin* The ordanance would REALLY help Daemonhunters.. Also it would give them some nice FAST ATTACK choices :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you could still have 275 shots even in the new rules... lol either way 275 shots and 275 guys charing=dead enemy (All while your tanks are beating the enemy lines to a pulp

·
Registered
86 Posts
comapre this... 275 guys for about.... 1700 points.. all in close order drill. for the same price you get about 100 space marines... line them all up oppisite eachother 12 inches away. If gaurd get first turn....... thta means 550 shots, 275 hits, 92 wounds, and 31 dead space marines. now when they go vext turn there obviously going to assualt you, (they dont have a chance otherwise) so they move 6 inches, shoot 69 shots, 46 hit , 30 gaurdsman die. they then assault you they can only get inot contact with the first row, and then not wiht all of there guys, so about 15-20 gaurdsman die. and about 5 space marines die, meanwhile the other gaurdsman go back to 12 inches from the line and wait to rapid fire again, in three or 4 turns there will be no space marines and still about 150-175 gaurds man lol

and to think they call themselves the emporers finest

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
THat's because your not doing it right!!! Blow them up with lascannons!!! if you have 300 attacks you can kill 10 termies!!!! Plus you have TANKS!!! LOTS OF TANKS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do you think they would do so well against choase berserkers if they charged your whole line??

Yeah. way to many dice rolls ( not to mention the corporal tunnel you would get) and you would still have atleast 150 guards left to kick thier remains.

What about orks? they would get atlest 180 boys. and trucks buggies and every thing else.

OR tau. they are built for range and can take the hits and dish out ordance with hammerheads. plus kroot to tie up rushing guard. and pinning tests. lets not forget their suits. if built right they can kill anything effectivley. they also deep strike. So bye bye basilisks. smart missliles gallor in a good game.

but the guard have the best tanks in the universe. even if you deep strike them with fusion blaster they still take it and kill all my siuts in laz and bolter fire.

does your army have heavy weapons teams. mortars kick ass. 3 attacks and a barrage test. sweet.

and last but not least the nids. lots of assualt weapons and teath and claws. and huge amount of basic troops

makes me think of what it feels like to roast them with ordance. to see the look when 8 or 9 guants die and they fall back not able to assault.

Ahh, I love the sizzling sound of toasted bug. plus if you need to feed your troops just add steak suace.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Originally posted by Waaargh!@Oct 26 2003, 16:53
THat's because your not doing it right!!! Blow them up with lascannons!!! if you have 300 attacks you can kill 10 termies!!!! Plus you have TANKS!!! LOTS OF TANKS!!!!!!!
i had a vanquisher 2 basilisks two demolishers and an exterminator.....he just manages to save over and over and over again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.