Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm looking to start 40K (I play WElves in WHF) and the Witch Hunters appealed to me. I have a few questions about the army:

1. Is a new edition codex coming out soon?
2.a) If so, which models are going to be redone?
2.b) If so, is there anything special to look out for (ex. ASF for HElves in WHF)
2.c) When is it coming out
3. Can a Witch Hunter army be described as competitive?
4. Any comments you'd like to make about them?

Thanks in advance guys.:happy:

·
569 Posts
From the rumors I have heard the Inquisitor Codex (which will be combining Daemon Hunters and Witch Hunters into 1 Codex) is still a ways off (and by a ways I mean years). Other than the combing of the 2 codices, I have heard no rumors what so ever as far as units and models go.

However, as for the current Codex, I find it very competitive. I am 10-1-0 with my Sisters. 3 of those 10 wins consisted of me wiping the opponent off the board and another 4 left the opponent with only 1 or 2 units remaining.

Most of my armies I run with 2 Canonesses, atleast 1 with Jump Pack and 2+ save, 2 Exorcists and atleast 1 set of Seraphim, if not 2. Once you learn Faith point management they become a very effective army, as you can easily keep your opponent guessing!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, is it possible to convert other models into Sisters of battle, cuz personally I don't like those models (and being a core unit, that's a bit of a problem...). I love the witch hunter models and penintence juggernaught thingy...but those sisters of battle are ugly (maybe it's just the paint job GW shows in the codex...)

Yeah, anyway. Daemon and Witch Hunters...the two armies that interest me the most....I can't decide...

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
to the first question we will not be seeing one anytime soon and will probably not be seeing one we will ever want to see period (combining 2 codexes = magor nerfedge)

all segments of question 2 are unanswerable

as for competevness just 2 words... hell yeah done right we can not only compete but completely floor the new codexes

and just for it new models aren't so important for wh's as we still have arguably the best looking range in the game anyway!

·
Registered
905 Posts
The common consensus is that a Codex: Inquisition isn't even on the GW radar yet... so it's going be a long while before that ever happens.

I was in your same predicament, when you talk about disliking SoB models. My solution was just to do a completely radical army. It limits the model selection a bit and you have to get a little creative to expand (read: Zealots), and in some ways strategy is limited as well, but I'd say my army is the coolest damn thing I've ever seen on the table. Arco-Flagellants and five Penitent Engines rushing down the table with a bunch of serious looking Stormtroopers, led by a rogue Inquisitor, renegade Apostate Cardinal, and a bunch of Ringwraiths with guns (see sig)? Hell yeah. Not only is the fluff behind this awesome, but the army itself actually performs fairly well.

So, if you're wondering, doing an SoB-free army is possible. It just restricts you a little bit, but the trade off is 100% cool models, in my opinion.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I heard they are allied with the Daemon Hunters as well, since they are the two coolest armies IMO, I'll get both and have even more flexibility.8Y

I guess I could convert Space Marines to replace SoB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.