Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I am thinking of getting back into the hobby after quitting around 2 years ago. Since then it would appear Grey Knights have had a re-release and we are now in the 6th edition. I do have a grey knight army but they are the previous generation metal models.

I'm looking for some advice on what I can and can't use of my current models given the new codex, also if what I have is still viable on the battlefield. Will I need to spend a lot of money on rejuvenating this army to current standards?

Here is what my Grey Knight army consists of.

HQ:
1x Brother Captain Stern
1x Inquisitor /w Psycannon

Troops:
13x Grey Knights /w Halberds
3x Grey Knight Justicars
4x Grey Knights /w Incinerators
2x Grey Knights /w PsyCannons

Elite:
3x Terminators /w Sword, SB
2x Terminators /w Halberd, SB
1x Terminator /w Sword, Incinerator
1x Evesor Assassin

Heavy:
1x Dreadnought /w Las/AssC or CC/HeavyB
1x Landraider /w 2x Lascannons, HB, SB
1x Landraider /w 2x Lascannons, HB

Thank you

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
All your models are still valid and there is nothing in the GK codex which isn't good, making it one of the best around. Truthfully you just need to fine tune the lists to match your own play style.
There are of course certain units that are considered a 'bargain' or especially effective. A couple of units of note are:

Psyrifle dread - Dreadnought with 2 TL autocannons and psybolt ammo, The GKs best long range weapon platform. A bargain at 135pts.
Storm Ravens - Expensive and can pack a punch but can be quite fragile. Can deploy a large payload to any location being able to carry both a dread and a unit at the same time while being an assault vehicle.
Nemesis DreadKnight - A MC with terminator armour and access to some powerful upgrades, always fun.

Take a flick through the dex and put together a list and I'll happily go over the finer details/combos of it with you. Like I said, there is nothing bad in the codex, experiment a little.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the update. It's good to know Grey Knights have viable options now. Back in the old codex every competitive list fielded would consist of atleast two Landraiders.

Take a flick through the dex and put together a list and I'll happily go over the finer details/combos of it with you. Like I said, there is nothing bad in the codex, experiment a little.
I still have to pick up the new codex. I was holding off until I knew my models were still useful but i'll be sure to get one now.

·
4,967 Posts
I use my metal Grey knights as purifiers while using the new plastics for strike squads. The reason is all the halberds, they are more expensive on the GKSS but purifiers get them cheap and have more attacks with which to use them.

Also I used to love the eversor but now he is pricy and less good (no 12" charge).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts