Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is the first draft of the fluff for my chaos lord of slaanesh, who, when by my brother painted, will be his entry for the young bloods at GD paris 06.

Antonius Le Vay, High Prince of Slaanesh

Antonius was a well known and ambitiouis member of the priesthood of Morr up until his
33rd year, when he mysteriously dissapeared one night and was seen heading north by the guards of the temple. Nothing is known of Antonius' travels in the north, and nothing was heard of him until his name became connected with a cult of pleasure at the heart of Mordheim. Despite several attempted assasinations by highly placed members of the Sigmarite church, an attempted lynching by flaggellants, a death sentence signed by the emperor himself and a powerful death curse from the Temple of Morr, Antonius remained at large in Mordheim, and his influence spread far and wide over the empire for many years, many cults of pleasure being founded in notable cities. Antonius met his timely end in the destruction of Mordheim, he and his entire society being killed by the comet of Mordheim.

Antonius Le Vay

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
5 8 2 5 5 4 9 5 9

Weapons: Antonius wields a Blade of Blood

Armour: Antonius wears Chaos Armour and carries an Enchanted Shield

SPECIAL RULES
Ascension: Antonius met his end while on the brink of Daemonhood, and as such at the height of his powers, was neither man nor Daemon. As such, at the beggining of each turn, if Antonius has less than half his starting number of wounds, he becomes subject to the Daemonic special rule.

High Prince of Slaanesh: As Slaanesh most favoured servant, Antonius has the mark of Slaanesh, but benefits from its advantages for both Exalted Daemons AND Lords Of Slaanesh. He also benefits from a 5+ ward save. NOTE: When he becomes subject to the Daemonic special rule, the Ward Save from the Daemonic rule overrides that from the High Prince of Slaanesh special rule.

Fly: Antonius is blessed with vast wings, which enable him to fly.

Large Target:

MAGIC ITEMS
Blade of Blood: See Hordes of Chaos Army Book p.51

Pendant of Slaanesh; See Hordes of Chaos Army book p. 53

Sceptre of Domination: See Hordes of Chaos Army Book p. 52

Suggestions for expanded fluf/better, more balanced rules and points cost gratefully received.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you have another army, I would try playtesting him with them. When I wrote my Aiedial rules(soon to be available on the web) , I tested all my units against all my Empire units 3 times. It took a long time but it was worth it, as I got my points values worked out!!!:yes:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
just an off topic question:

If slannesh is the lord of what boils down to "kinky sex" (as stated by another member) then y aren't there any girl lords?

I mean its perfect, what is more seductive to many armies led by men? Why woman! Unless their gay of course. I'm just saying, is there a reason for the male's lord only? Or is it simply because GW lacks any chaos women models:glare:

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
bald inquisitor said:
just an off topic question:

If slannesh is the lord of what boils down to "kinky sex" (as stated by another member) then y aren't there any girl lords?

I don't know why there aren't any female Chaos Lords the issue probably wasn't a big one for Gw but Slaneesh is a bit more than the Lord of "kinky" sexy try bestiallity and Necrophillia as well. Basically anything that deviates from a normal societies moral code Slaneesh will step over the mark.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Berny Mac said:
I don't know why there aren't any female Chaos Lords the issue probably wasn't a big one for Gw but Slaneesh is a bit more than the Lord of "kinky" sexy try bestiallity and Necrophillia as well. Basically anything that deviates from a normal societies moral code Slaneesh will step over the mark.
a.k.a kinky sex ^_^

·
Registered
624 Posts
Well I can't tell you why there are no female chaos lords, but that isn't stopping you from making one. My exalter sorcerer is female, and her backstory is that she was a transexual born male, and fell to worship of Slaanesh to correct the problem. (though it's a bit more in depth than that)

Slaanesh isn't really about kinky sex, it's just that the term does seem to portray the general idea. Basically Slaanesh is about enjoying anything, and everything. Sex with women... with men...w/e, as long as you have fun doing it. Suposedly a true champion of Slaanesh would get a kick out of turning on the hot water faucet. The whole idea is to derive pleasure from every activity immaginable.

I still fail to see though why he's the least popular chaos god... it just doesn't add up!

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
He is the least popular god because although in theory it sounds great yah have fun doing everything your average (sane) person isn't going to think yah Slaneesh now lets :hump: the horse/child/dead guy.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Fat_Badger said:
I still fail to see though why he's the least popular chaos god... it just doesn't add up!
well, either people find necrophilia distrubing or they don't want to have fun;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Fat_Badger said:
Isn't Slaanesh, in both versions of the fluff, the youngest Chaos deity and therefore least powerful? Without much power to exert over mortal subjects, Slaanesh can't convert many followers on her own. In addition, Khorne already offers pleasure in slaughter, and with his massive power as the dominant Chaos Deity, he should already have most of the Chaos wastes in his sway. Tzeentch must already have claim over most of the sorcerors of Chaos as well, offering perfection in magic and knowledge.

In addition, Slaanesh's offerings are inherently self-destructive. As you derive increased pleasure from any one activity, you begin to become used to that pleasure, and when you become used to it, you need to have more or find more extreme ways of doing that one thing to keep the high. Slaanesh is like doing a powerful drug, and eventually, just to get the same high you used to get when you first started doing it, you overdose.

I imagine that a lot of Slaaneshi lords/ladies that survive battle die from heart-attacks.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Valids points, but I still say that Slaanesh is the only chaos god I actually think I could be seduced by.

(and btw I think nurgles gifts are just as self-destructive as those of Slaanesh)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Fat_Badger said:
Valids points, but I still say that Slaanesh is the only chaos god I actually think I could be seduced by.

(and btw I think nurgles gifts are just as self-destructive as those of Slaanesh)
To be honest, I agree that I would be either Slaaneshi or Tzeenchite if I turned chaotic, myself.

The difference between the obvious self-destruction of Nurgle and the not-so-obvious kind of Slaanesh is that the people who turn to nurgle do so out of fear of death. In return for constant pain and bodies that seem to be falling apart, they are, for all intents and purposes, immortal, as they grow almost impervious to most mundane forms of damage. This is represented by the +1 toughness benefit to models with the mark of nurgle ingame. This might translate, fluffwise, into a Chaos Marauder taking 55 arrows to the gut and barely flinching.

As well, I don't think the attraction for Nurglites is intentional, for the most part. I believe he draws most of his power from the suffering of those burdened by any of his plagues. As they reach out to the gods for release from the affliction, Nurgle makes himself known to them and bestows more "gifts" (read: plagues). He draws power from worship, but I think he's the only god who also draws most of his power from the indirect effects of that worship. Most who would worship nurgle from the start are either insane or extremely brave.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts