Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discuss all your LOTR stuff here.

·
418 Posts
what army does everyone play?
i play orcs and riders of rohan.
oh and ILA that's a pretty tight battle report. i never get that lucky with bows, they never wound, in the movies its like 1 arrow 1 hit 1 kill, but in the game it's like 10 arrows, 2 hits, 1 kill which is saved by fate...

·
Registered
100 Posts
i play all good armies except army of the dead i got lots of stuff like 4000pts or summat kinda ridiculas but i can use just about any army

·
1,037 Posts
i only started playing LOTR on tuesday and already i have grasped the rules and begun painting my models i have to say i love the systems simplicity and it got me on LOTR high at the moment, lol i will be doing a men of minas tirith army with allies of army of dead and knights of dol amroth, and also an army of uruk-hai

·
Registered
100 Posts
from an experienced player when using army of the dead be sure to keep them away from uruk bezerkers or they will all die horribly

·
Registered
17 Posts
well i play good and evil with about 3500 evil points and 5000 good points ive always had a liking for orcs and the like but elves had a certain thing about them to grip me like the bows and armour. With my evil force i love uruk hai berserkers nightmares to fight and mordor troll cheiftains eat your heart out aragorn. But the highlight for ROTK is the ringwraiths new stats, transfix renders might heros asunder and make them vunerable to hordes of orc and trolls.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i collect all things loyal to the free people. this mostly comprises of minas tirith (3500 pts) and high elves (1200 pts) and then about 2000 pts of heroes including treebeard, aragorn the king, gandalf the white and others. as well as this i have various other stuff like some dwarves, rohan and a bit of wood elves

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm collecting a Gondor Fiefdom army using the WD rules, and led by Imrahil with Knights of Dol Amroth, and a small Minas Tirith detachment. I've made rules for extra hero's, the ones present in the book in the Battle of the Pellenor Fields, like Duinhir, Hirluin and Forlong.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The fellower of THE white wizard (the evil one) really interest me. I have been playing for a while and they are my favorite army.

·
Registered
140 Posts
eatmydarkapostle said:
i never get that lucky with bows, they never wound, in the movies its like 1 arrow 1 hit 1 kill, but in the game it's like 10 arrows, 2 hits, 1 kill which is saved by fate...
I recentley played a big siege, and i played good. me and my fellow defenders shot at the mumak with everything we had and it was dead in about two or three turns!
How does everyone else do with shooting?

I play gondor and Dwaves, and gobblins and warg riders.

·
Registered
112 Posts
MORDOR!!!!!! SEE: POST YOUR ARMIES HERE FOR MY ARMY AND MY PLANS! he he he, i like caps...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I play moria goblins and dwarves, the true firstborn!

edit: stupid elves!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Burn the witch said:
I play High Elves about 1000pts with Tree Beard in sieges.
OMG! WE GOTTA BURN THE WORST PLAYER!!!! high elves with tree beard, how the hell did that happen, elrond saying: oh yes i know let get tree beard so we can kill stuff! oh yeh btw in the new rules thats an illeagle army.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was thinking about getting into LOTR but i was a little confused when i heard about it. Do you collect any army you want? taht maby a stupid question but from what ive seen of it everything has been reinacting the movies. So can you be just elves and play matches againt gaurd of ministirith in a battle that never happened in the movies? Im a verterab of 40k so i am familiar with tabletop games.

·
Interrogator-Chaplain
5,356 Posts
I am having models from every faction except the easterlings and the undead.But havent them even assembled.
If i ever get past the second tactical DA squad and finish said army(yeah right)it will come their time.
But until then they rest in their boxes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i have started playing lotr strategy battle and am colecting a gondor army i also wanted to know what war of the ring is it an expanshion? plz help...

·
Shrug, k...
1,350 Posts
I played Gondor, I liked them... basic troopers were very average and easy to learn the game with. After that, expanding to the fiefdoms adds a lot of personality to the list.

WotR is basically a larger-scale version of LotR's skirmish level of gameplay. Came out after I stopped LotR, but from what I've heard, it's a fairly well-done game system, though apparently there are a few OP units/heroes in the game.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I played Gondor, I liked them... basic troopers were very average and easy to learn the game with. After that, expanding to the fiefdoms adds a lot of personality to the list.

WotR is basically a larger-scale version of LotR's skirmish level of gameplay. Came out after I stopped LotR, but from what I've heard, it's a fairly well-done game system, though apparently there are a few OP units/heroes in the game.

Few OP heroes such as pretty much every stinking Nazgul!!!! Especially either the betrayer or Khamul. Actually, all magic is pretty OP, especially Ruin and Darkness (and guess which armies get those........ Evil of course). As far as i'm concerned:
FOR DOL AMROTH, AND FOR THE PRINCE!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts