Librarium Online Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
hi all i am new to lotr and was wondering how warbands worked as i mean when there on the table not when pointing them up
like how do you move them can they split up? or do they have to stay with the leader and the other members of the warband when playing the game plz respond

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Warbands are not 'units' in the normal term as each model can run around on his/her own. The Warband thing is just for army selection and nothing more. It's been a LONG time since I played LOTR's but unless something has changed drastically then the Warband rules should still be the same.

·
Still kickin'
259 Posts
Since this seems to be the official post for all GW LotR topics, ... For Rohan!

I am struggling between work on my 40K and LotR stuff. I had all my LotR stuff out for pics the other day, here's one more:

My Rohan force includes: 66(ish) RoR; 48 WoR; Captain, Hornblower and Banner from Command Set; Theoden foot, mount & armored mount (not pictured); Eomer foot & mount; Gamling foot & mount; Armored Merry foot & mount; Armored Eowyn; 2 mounted Royal Guard.

I also have Gondor, Mordor, Rivendell, Harad, Moria, and Isengard armies, and a few dwarves.

·
Still kickin'
259 Posts
Thanks, Lord Borak!

Those pictures were taken on my crappy phone as a 'proof' picture for an online painting challenge elsewhere. They are all base coated brown in the picture, with rocky bases glued and sealed prior to the basecoat. Also, mounted Gamling is now on a base and base coated in the same brown. I am painting the riders in an assembly line fashion. They all now have green cloaks, and I have done 2 layers of paint and a wash on the hair.

It's a few thousand points all together. Here's my working 1k list using less than half my models:
----------
Warband 1 - 12/12
Théoden, King of Rohan with Heavy Armour
1 Warrior of Rohan with Banner
1 Warrior of Rohan with War horn; Throwing Spears; Shield
10 Warrior of Rohan with Throwing Spears; Shield

Warband 2 - 12/12
Éomer, Marshal of the Riddermark with Horse
12 Rider of Rohan with Throwing Spears

Warband 3 - 12/12
Gamling, Captain of Rohan with Horse; Royal Standard
10 Rider of Rohan
2 Rohan Royal Guard with Horse

Warband 4 - 12/12
Erkenbrand, Captain of Rohan with Horse
12 Westfold Redshields

----------
I wasn't planning on building a big dwarf army, but I did get the Balin w Khazad Guard box set, and a command blister with the awesome dwarf banner bearer so I could paint them! :D

Thanks for reading and commenting!

T

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey all, I know it has been a while since anyone posted on here.... But I had a rules question, and since I am on the road and don't have a rulebook handy (and haven't played in awhile). How do you work out an unengaged evil model shooting into a hand to hand combat? I can't for the life of me remember how this works.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
616 Posts
not 100% sure but don't you roll a D6 after you hit, 1-3 you hit your own model 4-6 an opposing model?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts