Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone prefer for a general. I like to go with Grimgor, but have found the usefulness of a Blork War Boss with some other magic items thrown in. I look forward to everyones responses. WAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When fighting a magic heavy opponent, I have been using a Blorc War Boss on a Wyvern. This helps me take down the characters fast. Also, I use a Gobbo Warboss on a Cave Squig for distractions. I fill my hero choices with Lvl 1 Gobbo Shamans armed with dispellyness. This helps me get thru the first 2-3 rounds before. By then, I can take down everything else with my infantry.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you like special heroes, pick a type of hero first. General? Beat stick? Disorienter? or wizard.

also pick if you want special heroes as they change your army greatly, some people wont even want to play with special heroes. some (grimgore) can be just too powerful

I prefer a bowb on a boar, some heavy armour, then magic toys to make him break heads faster, but i dont like spending too many points on em. Dont forget ong's are cheap so the 65 point magic item is 1/2 a full regiment of guys. the more boys and gobbo's you got to throw at your opponent is always nice.

as it stands my general is as follows

Black Orc Warboss
Boar
Ulag's Akrit Axe
Iron Gnasha's
Kickin' Boots
Heavy Armour

This gives you a powerhouse warboss. 5x str6 reroll misses KB attacks is pretty solid. with a 2+ armour save he can take out almost any other general in a duel. besides those pesky elves on dragons.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Not a fan of special characters, though skarsnik is really the only way to go with a night goblin horde.
I think if your hoping for any magic offense in then you have to have a great shaman.
If you go for a fighty lord, then all magic efforts must be concentrated in defense.

Personal lord of choice.
Night goblin great shaman
level 4
Warboss ums best boss hat
Staff of sneaky stealing
2 magic mushrooms

Backed up by an orc shaman a goblin shaman and a Blork big boss as a general.

Black Orc Warboss
Boar
Ulag's Akrit Axe
Iron Gnasha's
Kickin' Boots
Heavy Armour
You cant have two enchanted items.
This build is very popular though, just swap either the gnashas or the boots for the best boss hat an you keep the points the same, while making the character more surviveable (new word?).

·
Registered
344 Posts
i personally like to run a bowb with the following:

- screaming sword
- collar of zorga
- enchanted shield
- iron gnashas
- heavy armor
- boar

with this set up you will always be looking at around 1 or 2 extra S and A (sometimes 3 or 4), with killing blow. just stick him in a unit and keep him safe until he gets into CC. having him on the boar with the collar of zorga is really nice too, especially when a dragon is sitting just inside your boars charge range. you can have him pop out of the unit and destroy any mount and rider (kill the rider first). not to mention a 1+ armor save (the best armor a orc can get). i think this is a great way to spend exactly 100 pts. on magic items.

·
Registered
15 Posts
blah forgot that 2 same magic item rule.

does your lord choice have to be your general, or can your hero black orc still run the game?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Unless specifically stated otherwise (usually a special character or a battle standard bearer), the Character with the highest leadership is your general.
In this case the Blorks LD of 8 is greater than the Shamans, so the BLork is the general.

Another killy general is:
Savage orc warboss
Light armour
Boar
Sword of battle
Imbods iron gnashas
Enchanted shield
Effigy of mork

·
Registered
321 Posts
My Black Orc Warboss is usually like this

Bloc Warboss
Boar
Heavy Armour
Shagga's
Enchanted Shield
Best Boss Hat

Can always put him on a wyvern if feel like it, would definatly consider the zorga collar for a boss on a boar however if the points are there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.