Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

Before anything, here's a quick definition of the rule:

Loremaster : A Wizard with the Loremaster special rule knows all the spells from his chosen lore - he does not need to roll randomly. Lore is in brackets as part of the rule, i.e Loremaster ( Fire ).

Now, here's the thing.

Some armies have the possibility to use this rule, like the Slann Mage-Priest or a Vampire with Forbidden Lore. Why can't we?
The Archmages are trained in the White Tower of Hoeth, and I quote : '' This is the greatest repository of magical knowledge in the world, compiled down the centuries by High Elf mages and scholars, many of whom still dedicate their lives to the accumulation of magical lore. '' High Elves AB, page 11.

These '' mages and scholars'' that are seemingly still there since the Tower's foundations, with the actual means to learn magic '' in the greatest repository of magic knowledge '', should therefore be Loremasters, no?

Did I mention the highest ranked members of the Tower are called Loremasters of Hoeth?... hmmmmm... :p

We may not actually need the special rule, and I'm not whining about it, but fluffwise, we should be able to field a sample Loremaster, and not be limited to Teclis, don't you think? Debate.

- In Asuryan's name

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, even if they consider this option, our next army book might take a while to come out, since I think others might take priority.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Book

This is an upgrade option when the next army is released, and even if they consider this option, the next army book might take a while to come out. Others could take priority. The superiorpapers is also another great place where you find books and services.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts