Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dusk Phantom
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me a good description (preferably even a picture) of what Lorgar looks like? I have to describe him at some point and I'd like to be prepared for that with at least some good material. After all... I wouldn't want to make him out to be some gigantic daemon-dude with horns coming out the whazoo when instead he might actually look like a handsome fellow, with just tiny horns or some such. I know both descriptions I just gave are exaggerated - hence my need for a real one.

·
No King Rules Forever
284 Posts
Hmm...are you planning to describe him before or after he became a Daemon Prince?

If it's before, then I imagine him to be huge like all the Primarchs, but somewhat thin and more scholarly-looking than the others. Black hair, probably. He would be pretty fanatic and zealous, though, but that would probably show through in his eyes or expression ("his eyes burned with the fires of zealotry and fanaticism" etc). He would wear a combination of parchment-colored robes covered in religious text, and blood-red armor with silver trim (pretty standard for the Word Bearers...you could probably get away with a different style or color for the robes, but not for the armor). He might carry a massive book, too, or have an attendant carry it for him.

Afterwards, I'd say you have as much artistic license as you need to describe a Daemon Prince. Lorgar in daemon-form would be a lot bigger and more muscular than even a Primarch. The basic outfit would stay pretty much the same, but the robes would be tattered and stained and the text would have that warped Chaotic look, like maddened scribbling or blasphemous knowledge that would drive normal people completely insane to look upon. It might change and shift around a lot, too. The armor would be scarred from aeons of war, and it would be really mutated. Horns, spikes, sigils and symbols, mouths, fanged skulls, screaming faces, daemonic heads, etc, etc, etc. He might have antlers instead of horns on his head...nobody uses antlers very much anymore, but I think they're cool and unique. His eyes would glow or be fiery in whatever color you please, and probably wouldn't have any pupils or irises. They might even provide a glimpse straight into the chaos of the Warp. Clawed hands of course, and fangs or tusks, and he might have a long dripping tongue (maybe forked). He might even have a tail. If you're putting him in a building, he would probably sit on a throne in his temple-palace in the place where the god-figure would be, with an altar in front of/below him for his priests to make regular sacrifices to him.

I hope that's helpful...

Reactions: Adahn

·
Dusk Phantom
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's extremely helpful thank you - yes I did think of making him look basically like a Chaos Paladin - with a mighty Libram held by a chain around his neck, hanging at his chest perhaps, powerful daemonic runes inscribed in parchment along his armour, and so on and so forth. I'll make it quite good now thanks to your Description there Dawnrunner. Thanks, some good insight. Rep for you.

·
No King Rules Forever
284 Posts
Glad I could help. If you're writing this into a story, please let me know when you post it! If you're modeling this...all I can say is "wow" and "good luck".

·
Has a monkey!
1,630 Posts
Pre-Heresy I'm fairly certain he wore a beard, since after the Emperor chastised him he 'shaved his hair and beard.' I'm not sure if he kept the shaven look after the Heresy or if he chose instead to grow it out, but I'd imagine he let the 'wild crazy flagellant beard/hair' thing grow again. Writing books on debauchery and the destruction of the Imperium probably leaves little time for such niceties.

I'd imagine also that he carries something resembling a scepter, some sort of super-ornate Accursed Crozius.

For the record, IIRC the Word Bearers pre-Heresy had slate-colored armor. But that's beside the point, if you intend to make a post-heresy depiction.

Curious myself what kinds of mutations he would have. Do you suppose he has wings of some sort? Some sort of tattered vulture wings or something would really highlight his 'fallen angel' aspect.

I agree with what a lot of what Dawnrunner stated too. Robes over his armor, gigantic, lots of devotional text and demonic scrawlings, flaming eyes... that sort of thing.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
When it comes to the text that might be on those robes, and possibly even his flesh, they should be ever shifting and changing. Text on him would most likely be another form of the book of Lorgar that he wrote, having the entire text on him, shifting and changing all the time, definately sounds like something the leader of the word bearers would do. (In the novel Dark Apostle, the Apostle Jarulak has chaos scripture on every inch of his body, all of it actually pertaining to a particular prophesy in the book of Lorgar.)

Reactions: Adahn
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.