Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My best friend and I always argue about LOS.

Is there a place in the book that deals with how much of a model needs to be seen in order for it be an eligible target? tanks in particular cause us frustration...

How much of the shooting model should be able to see? i.e. if a squad is shooting over a piece of terrain that is barely shorter than they are...a head say, can they shoot over it?

Is it just if you can see ANY of the opposing model? If there's a rule, that'd be great, if not, a consensus would be great.

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
For vehicles if you can see any part of the hull, yes, you can shoot at even a sliver of it and all they get for being 95% hidden is a 50/50 hull down.

For infantry you must be able to see the "body" according to p21. I've always played 'center of mass to center of mass' for infantry models. There will always be exceptions in a friendly game, such as a unit that is right up against a wall being allowed to exchange fire over it even if it comes up to their shoulders or some nonsense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.