Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
People shooting at the boadsides thru the FW, you can always shoot thru your own units (unless it's a tank)

·
Registered
523 Posts
But be sure there are no gaps because it was stated in the last Chapter Approve 2003 that someone shooting at you can see through gaps between troops so if you wanna blck line of sight to your broadsides they have to be shoulder to shoulder.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You can always shoot through your own troops, yes. Even if they're taller, (firewarriors can shoot through broadsides, for example), and standing shoulder to shoulder in front.

Just can't shoot through vehicles. Broadsides seem like vehicles.... but GW didn't wanna give em an armor value like a dreadnought, so they must be treated like infantry.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'm glad that Broadsides weren't given an armor value.......If they were, they'd be harder to kill, but better for me as a Tau player!! But having an Armor value against one of my friends is quite dangerous due to the anti vehicle ***** that he has!! So, Broadsides are good as is......

·
Registered
353 Posts
I just hate the fact that they're so expensive and so few, so their 2 wounds and 2+ save will rarely due them any good because they're bound to be the target of a str 8+ weapon.

Of course, I have to admit that the extra wound and excellent save become useful when your enemy infilitrates or deep strikes some little infantry buggers in close.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
A unit of your army will never block LOS for your own troops, but in the original rules it states that an enemy unit may never shoot through one of your units to hit a unit behind the first one... unless ofcourse the unit is a large target as stated in the codex.

But ShaselMudd, where in chapter approved 2003 did you find the statement you mentioned?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Good point, never heard of it either......Me, and hopefully much of us, do already that LOS is not blocked by your own units except for Tanks.....Me am smarter than me look.....

·
Registered
353 Posts
@dragonslayer:
It was stated in a Q&A I think. I don't recall which one, but I'll read through the q&a's I've downloaded sometime soon and get back to you if I find it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.