Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading over the new VC army book and I really like it, I take it that the new power archetypes are essentially replacements for Bloodlines, except that you can now mix 'n match, correct?

I've played only one fantasy game in the past and I have a 2150pt Dark Elf cavalry army sitting collecting dust.

I've wanted to play VC forever now, but I've HATED (and I mean loathed, hated, despised . . you get the picture) the models. With the incarnation of the Blood Knights (which I love), and plan on using Bretonnian Knights as Black Knight replacements.

Is a Vampire army pretty cheap or expensive to put together? I have many hobbies to support (primarily Warmachine & Hordes), I have a Dark Elf army to complete as well. I plan on having a pretty expensive (point-wise) lord, probably a few units of Knights (Black & Blood), and then having the cannon fodder type of skeletons (and possibly ghouls & zombies, but I like skeletons better model-wise).

I like cavalry in general (in all games), and would love a heavily armored scary as hell VC legion of undeath. Is that a viable tactic? Am I missing out on too many cheaper stuff? Would my army get dismantled too quickly? I am a newbie to Fantasy, so yeah.

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, realize that there is not a single 'cavalry' core choice in a VC army, and the only things that count toward your minimum amount are Skelies, Ghouls, and Zombies, all of which have at least a minimum of 10. So at 2000pts, 3 blocks of basic troops are unavoidable. So as far as an all cavalry legion of undead goes.. have you considered Tomb Kings?

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
You could add "Ghoulkin" to your vampires but instead of it actually being ghouls you could have to it is like the virtue of empathy among the betts. So it would be like Peasant-kin, so the vampire was a champion of the hardworking man and even in death the dead peasants follow him.
This bloodline power allows you to do a free march move before the game starts so if you get first turn you can actually get 16 inches up the board before your opponent even have moved yet.

So take 3 x 10 ghoul units or peasants in this case and you´ve got the core requirements taken care of.
Along with brett cavalry and such I believe this would look pretty sweet.
Plastic wolves, plastic knights(the betts) and plastic ghouls + whatever you choose. Pretty much as cheap as it gets in a VC force.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.