Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my list for a 1850 pt Lost and the Damned army. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance!

HQ –

77 pts.
Arch Heretic (rides in Rhino with Chosen)
Mark of Chaos Undivided, Daemonic Strength, Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades

171 pts.
Daemon Prince (allied from CSM codex)
Mark of Khorne, Berserker Glaive, Feel no Pain, Daemonic Essence, Daemonic Resilience, Daemonic Stature, Daemonic Strength, Frag Grenades

Elites –

280 pts.
Chosen Squad (allied from CSM codex)
9 Marines – Mark of Chaos Undivided, Daemon Icon, 2 Meltaguns, Champion with Power Fist
Chaos Rhino – Smoke Launchers

206 pts.
Bloodletter Pack (stored in Daemon Icon)
8 Bloodletters

Troops –

235 pts.
Mutant Squad 1
30 Mutants – Laspistols, Boss with Power Fist

235 pts.
Mutant Squad 2
30 Mutants – Laspistols, Boss with Power Fist

60 pts.
Traitor Squad 1
5 Traitors – Lascannon

60 pts.
Traitor Squad 2
5 Traitors – Lascannon

75 pts.
Traitor Squad 3
5 Traitors – Plasma Gun, Agitator with Power Fist

Fast Attack –

161 pts.
Traitor Rough Riders
9 Rough Riders – Hunting Lances, Melta Bombs, Veteran Sergeant with Carapace Armour, Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon

Heavy Support –

165 pts.
Traitor Leman Russ
Hull Lascannon, Sponson Heavy Bolters

125 pts.
Traitor Basilisk
Indirect Fire Upgrade

·
Registered
374 Posts
My friend plays this army. Very nasty. Heres what he does:

The mutants suffer from a large leadership problem. So he takes the Lost and the Damned HQ, the Arch Heretic, gives him the Undivided ability, and puts them with the mobs. They can be quite nasty, 30 strong.

Also, good call on the Rough Riders. Nobody uses those. They can be really fun if used right. Especially with that Hunting Lance.

·
418 Posts
i might consider dropping a few models and making ur chosen champs witha sorcerer casting mass mutation ( i play chaos, this combo is scarily powerful)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think that if I was playing this army I'd really start to get worried

You have suffeceanit (Sorry for the spelling) AntiTank and you've got alot of troops, plus stronger units like the Deamon Prince.

I wouldn't change a thing

·
Registered
146 Posts
I like this army very well balanced. Id maybe give the daemon prince furious charge so he is str 8 int 6 on a charge meaning he would preatty much kill 10 people on the charge do to insta kill with no armor saves allowed.

additionally i like the one guys suggestion about mass mutation, has the potention to turn a horde of 30 mutants into a frighteningly tough assault squad.

otherwise this is one of the most well balanced armies Ive seen in a long while, especially from a chaos army.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Sounds like a great army list to me.
Loads of mutants to overwhelm enemy in cc
plenty of supporting fire
That daemon prince should do some damage.
I would just say that drop a few chosen and take MORE MUTANTS!!!
MUTANTS ARE GREAT
I would try to be a bit more helpful but its a great list and not much needs changing

but remember
nobody can escape the scrutiny of the inquisition
(although with that army you might have a chance)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Inquisitor lord Anderson@Nov 1 2003, 07:49
but remember
nobody can escape the scrutiny of the inquisition
(although with that army you might have a chance)
Actually, I've played 3 different Daemonhunters armies with this list: 1 pure GK force, 1 Puritan with SM allies and 1 Radical with IG allies. I tabled the GK army in 3 turns, almost tabled the Puritan army, and beat the Radical army in victory points. In fact, the only trouble I've had with this force is against a 'Nids force with 3 Biovores and against a Tau army that went first and had loads of room to avoid my CC stuff.

So, while I don't escape the scrutiny of the Inquisition, they're usually pretty regretful that they did the scrutinizing. B)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.