Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know what you are all thinking, but this isn't a thread about creating a chapter based around a primarch, or creating rules or anything like that, so give me a chance without looking over your specs and wagging your finger at me like a teacher does to a naughty child who has just pulled the legs off a spider....

Its more about the reaction of the races to the 'news' that a lost primarch had supposedly been found. I'm thinking mainly of the Imperium, Chaos and Eldar - Imp and Chaos for obvious reasons, but Eldar because if any race has knowledge of such a thing, its likely to be them.

For example - the eldar found, captured and bound a primarch all those thousands of years ago. A weakened one, obviously, like the one in the casket horus punched (if that was real).
Sooner or later some nosy bod comes along and discovers the primarchs tomb and he's still alive, albeit only his mind - a bit like the emperor I suppose, so that he cannot stand up and kill everyone, but his memories and thoughts are still sound, maybe only telepathically or something. Whatever.
Huge news, obviously, and you can imagine the sneaky chaos boys trying to awaken him, or find out stuff they shouldn't etc
I mean, if chaos could 'prove' they had found a primarch, would that split the loyalist marine chapters - would such a thing create another civil war?
Would it be classed as heresy if a marine chapter found the primarch and started spouting stuff about millennia old Imperial truth?

The inquisition would be busy little bunnies executing all these heretics wouldn't they.

I presume that were such rumours spread, the Inquisition would 100% deny them - stating its a chaos trick, or some alien daemon or something.
But would the Inquisition try and discover the truth, or simply dismiss it as impossible?

Would the Eldar attempt such a thing? If, for example, the Emperor had found one of his primarchs and he was crippled, or hadn't matured and was still an infant, or had elected to become some alien fraterniser or dabbled with things he shouldn't, or in fact denounced him and worshipped Khorne or something instead, or had even declared himself Emperor of man or a god or something - the emperor couldn't bring himself to kill him, just like he almost couldn't with Horus - is stealing a primarch the sort of skullduggery the Eldar would engage in so they could use the information garnered sometime in the future when it would serve them best?

Just kinda chucking ideas about - not necessarily about a genuine bonafide lost primarch, but a being which is believed to be a primarch by some.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I mean, if chaos could 'prove' they had found a primarch, would that split the loyalist marine chapters - would such a thing create another civil war?
Very unlikely as everyone in the Imperium "knows" that all of the primarchs are either dead, in stasis or have turned to chaos. And no-one believes chaos marines anyway.

Would it be classed as heresy if a marine chapter found the primarch and started spouting stuff about millennia old Imperial truth?
Probably. The =][= says that pretty much everything that is not completely in line with what they want you to believe is heresy. And as I said, everyone "knows" that all of the primarchs are either dead, in stasis or have turned to chaos.

I presume that were such rumours spread, the Inquisition would 100% deny them - stating its a chaos trick, or some alien daemon or something.
Almost certainly, so as not to get the Imperial citizens any more worried than they already are.

But would the Inquisition try and discover the truth, or simply dismiss it as impossible?
Well, the =][= are just a bunch of really nosey *******, with lots of power. They are unlikely to dismiss it as impossible as a whole. Some may, but others may try to investigate, a bit like the typical "underling looks into something the overling states is impossible (with varied results)" storyline.

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
I think rumours which were even 1% plausible would be suppressed by the Inquisition and would definitly mean the 'founding' of a new Inquisitorial faction who would jump at the chance of having one of the Emperors Sons rule the Imperium (Maybe they could be called the Inheritors)

I think there would be some (if not all) amongst the High Lords of Terra who would advocate the sanctioning of an Officio Assassinorium Kill Team to destroy this 'Primarch' just in case

Basically overall any 'serious' rumours would probably cause a stir and probably initiate a clandestine war but probably wouldn't mean alot to the vast majority of the Imperium.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.