Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have a WH Vampire Counts Army, so I have a bunch of Zombie models, and I play IG, and my Roomate plays Chaos. So I thought, hmmm I should put these zombies to use in 40k just for the hell of it. The thing is, I love zombies you see. ;p They're awesome. :p Maybe not in 40k, but still!

So, i'm new to LaTD, and I'm also not even sure how I could legally make one with the new Chaos Codex. It seems to me this falls into the restrictions.. but I think any help pointing out errors etc would be helpful.

HQs
Arch Heretic w/ Bike + Icon of Nurgle [150pts]
Daemon Prince w/ Wings + Slaanesh (Lash of Submission) [155pts]

ELITEs
Chaos Bikers x 5 (1Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist) + 2 Meltaguns

+ Icon of Nurgle [275pts]

TROOPs
30 x Plague Zombiez [180pts]
30 x Plague Zombiez [180pts]
5 x Traitors w/ Sniper Rifle + Autocannon [60pts]

FAST ATTACKs
Chaos Bikers x 5 (1Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist) + 2 Meltaguns

[225pts]

Hellhound [115pts]
Hellhound [115pts]

HEAVY SUPPORTs
Chaos Defiler w/ 2 Extra Close Combat Weapons [150pts]
Chaos Defiler w/ 2 Extra Close Combat Weapons [150pts]
Basilisk w/ Indirect Fire [125pts]

Total = 2000pts

And the tactic i suppose would be to go forth with all units, Defilers shooting at 6" and the only unit staying back would be Basilisk. Traitors Infilitrate and try to take out one or two squads combining their fire so that after killing, they're not in range of the majority of other squads. Bikes turbo boost first chance they get, go after armour, or squads that will cause trouble. Daemon will fly to cover and cast lash, and then charge, 2nd turn most likely. Pretty basic, any tips or suggestions. I know, Plague Zombies arn't that great, but fluff wise, I likez.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi,

I have always loved the LatD rules and was a lot bummed when they became GW official tourney illegal, but if you play with a group and keep your army fun, you will generally be accepted. Also, the list was made with the old Chaos Codex in mind, so get a consensus about which Codex to pair with.

Your use of the new codex works, but it restricts the mutants boss a lot.

Your Plague Zombies cost is too low, to make them "plague Zombies" you need to pay for the "bloated" mutation, which raises each squad to 270 points.

Or are you using plain old mutants but with zombie models? In that case they will run away too easily without the leadership boost from a leader.

I tried to use the sniper rifle with the traitors as well, but found that the AC was shooting at side armor pretty much until the unit was killed, do you have any other use for 15 points?

I never played with Allied Bikes in my LatD list, good luck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for responses. So they are illegal? Poop :( I'm sure my groups will allow it if I use the points and codex of the new Chaos. I'm pretty sure the way LatD words plague zombies, you don't have to pay for the bloated, but at the cost of being slow and purposeful and can't be let with a leader. Cause GW's Enemies of The Imperium army builder has them with the bloated built in for the points. Maybe they just made a booboo hehe. XD

I looove sniper rifles on bs3 units, plus, the extra range is a plus as well. IMo ;) and 5 points is cheap ;p Other than that, i'd choose plasma or stubber. Just because I think heavy bolter + stubber combo seems cool and dakka dakkaish ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.