Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gladewalker
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that the Ent model looks far better than the current Treeman, so I was thinking about getting one. Does anyone have an idea if they are approximately the same size? Also, I don't plays tourneys but I want to start at some point. Since LOTR is a GW game, can you use an Ent as a Treeman in most tourneys?

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
Our local store doesn't carry much LOTR stuff, so I have no idea of the size. I know that what a tourney allows depends mainly on who's running it. Around here, everything is RTT, even the big ones, and they all allow any type of model as long as it has a decent representation of what the unit is supposed to be. For example, I use a Reaper grave horror for my treeman, and Reaper bears, werebears, etc for my treekin.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had the exact same idea...well atleast now I don't need to make a topic about it.

I hadn't really thought about there being a size difference...now I'd like to know

·
Registered
26 Posts
An ent has more or less the apprpriate size... he will do well for representing a treeman.8Y

In tournaments here, everything is also allowed, as long as it has the correct base size and you explain what is what...
I have a giant elve as a treeman, and old warhawks and even very old carrion models converted as my wild riders.
I guess I'm not far off that a LOTR ent will be allowed in any tournament, exept for tournaments organisez by games workshop.
Good look with the ent!
WYSiWYG

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
so it's a choice between:
and

I don't really like either, they both seem way to square and both lack leaves. I still prefer the woodelves one though.

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
Don't worry about the actual model size, within reason, in Fantasy the base size is the important part.

·
Gladewalker
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I will be using the ent then. Thanks everyone.

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Please, i know this is probably a little late but I need to say something about tourneys!!

GW doesn't actually own the licesnse to the stuff NewLine made for LOTR. So, you can't use LOTR parts in conversions or as whole models themselves if you want to play tourneys. Now, small tourneys don't really care, but Gamesday and the GTs and especially Golden Deamon really do give a darn. Trust me, i found this out the hard way- I spent $200 on stuff for an Ellyrion Reaver conversion for my highelves, using all GW bitz except their speartips were swords from the LOTR line. I was told that they would not be able to appear in any photos with my army because of this, and in extension, i coulnd't win any appearance categories or enter them in Golden Demon (no, they aren't that good a paintjob anyway so don't ask about GD)

·
Gladewalker
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good to know. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.