Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was posted by Dhomochevsky on Warseer.

General Rules

- Hatred as general wide-army rule;
- Eternal Hatred VS High Elves;
- maybe +1A on charge for Elite troops (difficult to see this rule on Troop choices)....it's possible that this bonus will be provided by the new Cauldron of Blood;

- Standard Army Composition Chart (at 2000 points: 3+ Troops; 0-4 Special & 0-2 Rare).

Lords

Dark Elf Highborn

- new palstic kit (1 model on foot + 1 model mounted on the new ColdOne);
- same profile, may be +5 points;
- can mount: Black Dragon, Manticore, Dark Pegasus, Cold One, Dark Steed or a CO Chariot;
- ColdOnes gains +1A on the profile;
- Dark Pegasus and Manticore have the same profile, but the Manticore will probably be cheaper;
- Balck Dragon is the same as today, but his Breath will change: less St but with no Armour Save, and it will causes Panic Test if it wounds.

High Sorceress

- new plastic kit (1 model on foot + 1 model mounted);
- same profile, she will be a few points cheaper;
- upgrade to 4th level of magic will costs 35 points;
- she (obiouvsly) may not be included in Witch Elves troops;
- she knows: Dark Magic, Lore of Death and Lore of Shadows;
- can mount: Manticore, Dark Pegasus, ColdOne, Dark Steed;
- Sorceress loses the +1 bouns in casting spells, but they will be able to cast spells with as many dices as they want, regardless of magic level;
- they gain a new ability: at the cost of 1 wound, they'll gain 1 "special" Power Dice, tha will grants Total Power on a result of 6, and a Mistcast on a result of 1. (ie: Sorc. cast a spell with 2 "normal" dices and
1 "special" dice: with the normal ones she obtains 3 and 4, and with the "special" one she obtains a 6: Total Power!!!

Dark Magic:

- a new "0" spell, autatically known by Sorceress that, on casting value of 4+ will generate d3+1 Power Dice, tough if not used, each of these dices will causes a St 5 hit on the Sorceress;
- Chillwind as today, exept for +1 St;
- Doombolt: 24" d6 St 5 hits, may gain 2 casting values, the 2nd inflicting 2d6 hits;
- Word of Pain as today, casting value reduced;
- Soul Thief works like a Hochland now, targeting any model within 24" and in LoS, causing a Wound without AS, that is transferred to the Sorceress;
- new spell that puts a friendly unit into Fury, if already Furious, it confers +1A to each model, but every turn the units suffers d3 casualities, remains in play;
- Black Horror similar to the "Well of Shadows", gains 24" of range.

Heroes

Dark Elf Noble
- same as today;
- BsB may take shield, great weapon, etc., like the HE one.
Sorceress
- see "High Sorceress" entry;
- probably they'll cost 5 points more than today (but the upgrade to 2nd level will be +35 points).

Assassin

- same profile and cost as today;
- may hide himself in enemy units;
- may be placed as a Scout;
- may, as today, hide himself in friendly units;
- Poisoned Attacks as an upgrade option (without spending the "magic items" points);
- ASF in the turn in wich he's revealed.
Beastlord
- no more a "Hero" choice, he'll be an upgrade option for monsters units.

Hag Queen

- Wich Elf Heroine quite effective in HtH ^^;
- ASF, Frenzy and never loses it;
- 2 hand weapons and Poisoned Attacks;
- Guard Save of 5+ ("Blessing of Khaine" rule);
- can mount: Manticore (taking 1 more Hero choice) or the Cauldron of Blood (0-1, probably take a Hero or Rare choice).

Cauldron of Blood

- it costs around 175/200 points;
- it seems that a new model will be produced;
- it can move as a warmachine;
- Large Target and causes Terror;
- all friendly units within 24" may re-roll failed To Wound rolls;
- it's Indistructible, tough if the Hag and the 2 Witches are killed, it's removed as a casuality;
- may confers +1A on charge (probably it is THIS the real rule about the +1A) to some units: Witch Elves, Executioners, Assassins, maybe Black Guard;
- the Hag Queen and the 2 Witches are Unbreakable and have a 5+ Guard Save;
- Witch Elves units within 12" gains +1 on their Guard Save;
- MAY join a Witch Elves unit, wich will become Unbreakable.

Troops

Warriors

- NO new models;
- they have lance, light armour and shiled for basic;
- they ARE cheap (around 7 point per model);
- may have a Magical Standard (max. 25 points).
- for a cost of around 50 points, a "lesser" Assassin may join the unit;
- he has 2/3 Poisoned Attacks and only 1 Wound;
- ASF and can't leave the unit in wich he's hiding.

Repeater-Crossbowmen

- NO new models;
- they have crossbow and light armour for 10 points/model;
- may take shields for +1p.nt/model;
- looks like the Champion has BS of 5;
- they CAN'T take magical Standard;
- seems they can take the "lesser" Assassin;
- the new Repeating Crossbows are: range 24", St 3, Piercing AND multiple shot x2.

Corsairs

- NEW plastic models;
- same as today for statistics and costs;
- may take a Magical Standard (max 25 points);
- new Special Rules UNCERTAIN: one is that they gains +50 VP for every unit killed in HtH and another one may be that A SINGLE unit may enter the battlefield like Dwarfs Miners did.

Dark Riders

- apparently NO new models
- same profile as today;
- they will be cheaper (around 13/14 points.....19 with Crossbows);
- seems they could make a March Movement before the start of the game.

Special Choice

Shades

- NO new models;
- same as today.
Harpies
- NO new models
- same profiles as today;
- cheaper (10/11 points/model).

Cold One Chariots

- NO new models;
- profile same as today, exept for the +1A of the ColdOnes;
- no more 1-2 for single Special slot.

Witch Elves

- NO new models;
- minimum unit: 5+;
- same as today for profile and costs;
- 6+ Guard Save;
- 2 hand weapons, Poisoned Attacks, Fury (and never lose it), ASF;
- may take a Macical Standard (max 50 points);
- the Champion may take Poisons (one of these will halves enemy's I ).

Executioners

- NO new models;
- minimum units: 5+;
- 11 points/model;
- lose KB, but every successful To Hit dice, will auto-wound
- Draichs works like Halleberds, and confers the Piercing Ability
- may take a Magical Standard (max 50 points).

Black Guard

- NO new models;
- minimum units: 5+;
- 2A/model; Stubborn and Eternal Hatred;
- Halleberds and Heavy armours;
- may take a magical standard (max 50 points);
- the Champion may take 25 points of Magic Objects.

ColdOnes Knights

- probably NEW plastic models;
- will costs a few more points;
- ColdOnes with +1A;
- the Champion may take 25 points of Magic Objects;
- may take a magical standard of max 50 points (there is one that nullifies Stupidity).

Rare Choice

Reaper Bolt Thrower

- costs as today;
- 1-2 for single Rare Choice as today;
- 2 ways of shooting:
- a) if stationary: 48", single dard, St 6, no AS OR 48", 6 shoots, St 4, Piercing;
- b) if moved: 24", multiple shot x2 (it means exactly 12 shoots), St 3. (WITHOUT Piercing, and still suffers the movement and multiple shot penalities).

War Hydra

- Large Target, causes Terror;
- Scaly Skin (3+ or 4+), Regeneration (special one!)
- with a 6 on Regeneration roll, a new head "grows", adding +1St to the hydra's Breath (starts with St 4) with a maximum of St 10.
- 2 Beastmasters as today;
- option for the Beastlord, that will grants favorable results on the Monster Reactions Chart and MAYBE could take 25 points of Magic Objects.

NEW MONSTER

- it will something really fast, maybe even Flying;
- it will causes Terror quite for certain;
- it will have the Beastlord option, like the War Hydra.
the cases are 3:
a) something absolutely unespected;
b) the Manticore, now a Rare entry;
c) there is nothing at all as "new Rare choice"
...the more papable is the second case...the model already exists and the "traslation" from Hero to Rare is quite simple...

Special Characters

Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth

- He'll be in the army list;
- still mounted on the Black Dragon Seraphon;
- He seems to has a 1+ Armour save and a Ward Save aginst Magic and similar;
- He has some magic weapons (I think they'll be the same as today, but the rules may change.
- He seems still able to cast Spells;
- if present, the DE player would be able to re-deploy d3 units after the deployement phase.

Morathi

- 4th level High Sorceress (with all their special rules);
- can be mounted on Sulephet, her Dark Pegasus;
- various rules/objects: one of them will grants her the possibility to Regenerate the wound auto-inflicted to gain the "special Power Dice";
- the enemies in BtB contact halve their WS and I;
- she seems to have a magic weapon similar to the Teclis' one.

Malus Darkblade

- same as today.

Shadowblade

- basically same as today;
- He seems to be a HERO choice.

Crone Hellebrone

- Hag Queen SC, more skillful in HtH than a "normal" Hag Queen;
- can mount the Cauldron of Blood (no information in the eventuality of mounting a Manticore).

Kouran

- if deployed, the Black Guard seems to count as Core Troop choice;
- Killing Blow and a good Armour Save;
- low cost in points.

Magic Items

Magic Weapons

- a weapon that heals the owner's wounds, in base of how many he inflicts on enemies;
- a weapon "LETHAL" on Challenges;
- the Lifetaker will work as a Hochland Long Rifle, with multiple shot x2;
- a "Hag only" weapon that multiplies their Attacks;
- a weapons that multiplies inflifted Wounds;
- probably the Gauntlet of Power will be removed;
- some others, wich are unknown.

Magic Armour

- a "special" SeaDragon Cloak that confers a better Armour Save and a 5+ Guard Save;
- a Shield that subtracts enemies' attacks;
- an armour that provides an Immutable AS (seems of 2+), at a low cost;

Talismans

- the Crown of Black Iron will be the same as today;
- a talisman (Heart of the Hydra ???) that provides Regeneration;
- the Cloak of Dark Souls will be a talisman, same as today for the effects;
- probably the Heart-ston of Darkness will be removed;
- some (few) others, wich are unknown.

Arcane Items

- various Infused spell objects;
- the Seal of Ghrond will be an Arcane Item, same as today for the effects;
- a Staff that provides a +1 bonus in Casting Spells at a low cost in points;
- the Soulstone remains the same as today;
Enchanted Items

- totally unknown.

Magic Banners

- Hydra Banner that DOUBLES the Attacks of the bearer's unit;
- a banner that provides a 5+ Guard Save against Magic and Shoots;
- a low cost banner that improves the unit's AS for 1 turn;
- a banner that gives the Immunity to Psychology rule to the unit (nullifying the Stupidity);
- a banner that provides the same effects of the "fury" spell;
- some (voices say "a lot more") others, wich are unknown.

This I really like.

JvK :happy:

·
stupidity just kicked in!
812 Posts
as Homer would put it... "WOHOOO!!!!" :D

The only thing I really don't like is that there will not be new dark rider models? They've had that model since 5th ed for crying out loud!
It seems that Assassins haven't changed much... maybe they'll be underused again. I really hope that the new monster will be a mini dragon! But you're probably right to think it'll be the manticore though. But then it wouldn't be new monster... right? But it is a new rare choice :?.
v00t on the new hag queen and the much needed plastic corsairs and character models. Warriors have lance? what's wrong with spears? :p
V00t for Kouran beeing playable my fav dark elf special character!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds good tho i agree that its a shame there being no dark rider models, tho plastic corsairs sounds great :). I Do like the sound of the cheap assasins for units. Shadowblade as a hero sounds nasty (assuming he will only be allowed in a 2000 point army). Thanks for the info.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
There was another post a while back and from that i thought that DE would just become another 'Broken by GW' Army. This, however, is promising. I like it.

·
Hominus Nocturnum
529 Posts
Two things I'm a little iffy on the sound of are the hatred of everyone and the increase in the cost of cold one knights. Only with the removal of stupity would they be worth more than what they already cost.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Apparantly they are loosing stupidity, which imo is, well.. stupid. Takes away some of ther characer i think.

·
Hominus Nocturnum
529 Posts
Stupidity for Cold ones is far from representing them as they appear in the fluff. Once blood is drawn they almost frenzy in the books.

·
Festo Diata
917 Posts
Apparantly they are loosing stupidity, which imo is, well.. stupid. Takes away some of ther characer i think.
The certain magic banner which endows Immune To Psychology seems to contradict your statement.. most likely they will remain Stupid but many players will use this banner with their units of Cold Ones to nullify the effects..

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
Two things I'm a little iffy on the sound of are the hatred of everyone and the increase in the cost of cold one knights. Only with the removal of stupity would they be worth more than what they already cost.
Cold ones get +1A.

Im definately looking orwards to this. I stopped my force along time ago and Id forgot about them really. Now I cant wait to try out some of the new spells and increase the army size from 1000ish to 2500 that my friends play.

Dan

·
481 Posts
I remember back in 5th editions cold ones could buy a banner that removed there stupidity, it was called the blood banner or something along those lines. Also if I remember correctly in 5th edition once they hit combat they weren't effected by stupidity anymore, as they have tasted blood, and I guess they know food is a foot so they smarten up a bit, perhaps they may bring back this rule or the banner for the new book, here's hoping.

Also I think it's awesome how they have lesser assassins now, kinda like how they had in the 5th edition skaven book, and I believe dark elf book as well. Seems like they want to re-introduce some of the old rules back into the dark elves, and from what's been written they look like there going to be a pretty good army.

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also I think it's awesome how they have lesser assassins now, kinda like how they had in the 5th edition skaven book, and I believe dark elf book as well. Seems like they want to re-introduce some of the old rules back into the dark elves, and from what's been written they look like there going to be a pretty good army.
I like the fact that they are bringing a lot of the fun rules from the 5th edition back into the game again. I remember the old 5th edition Dark Elves and they were one hell of an army to play with. It is nice to see these things coming back again. 8Y

·
Skeletor=Pimp.
996 Posts
I seem to be the only one not overly pleased with this so far.

Most of the army list seems to be the same as it is today, which doesn't work THAT well. I know they have universal hatred, but still.

New beast is cool, but I have a feeling it'll be a downer and a cannon target. I like the idea of the Hag Queen and the Witch Elves, but with all those rules they will be prime targets when they take the field, and a 5/6+ save (Ward or not) isn't going to save them from some dedicated shooters.

Mini-Assassins are alright, but the Hero choice seems screwed. Now it can take magic items seperate from the poison? Goodie, so I pump a bunch of points for a one-tricky pony that will cost a lot, and probably not get his job done.

Only thing I'm excited about so far is Kouran with a possible Black Guard army, everything else is lame to me.

-K

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
well, they did the same thing with the high elves. Most of the magic items and units are the same. They just amped up the attacks on some units and gave us the stupid ASF. I would have preferred a new or at least different build on my characters. Yet, basically they are the same as before. There are no good magic weapons (except the sword of might), no good armor (except Helm of Fortune) some good arcane items. At least with the VC they got a whole new look, a decent set of new models, some well thought changes in the entire way you play the army.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looks like my 16 warriors and 10 corsairs will be of use in completing/returning/whatever you wanna call it to my DE army.

Bought them, had a few years break, came back and they felt dated, so I restarted the hobby by taking up a WE army. They seem so much more interesting now.

a Dark Guard or Executioner army would be pretty cool to play. I think with the new AB, you can pretty much take any section of the army list and concentrate on it. Unbreakable Witch Elves when AoK in unit. I've always thought an all Witch Elf Army would be pretty cool.

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Looks like my 16 warriors and 10 corsairs will be of use in completing/returning/whatever you wanna call it to my DE army.

Bought them, had a few years break, came back and they felt dated, so I restarted the hobby by taking up a WE army. They seem so much more interesting now.

a Dark Guard or Executioner army would be pretty cool to play. I think with the new AB, you can pretty much take any section of the army list and concentrate on it. Unbreakable Witch Elves when AoK in unit. I've always thought an all Witch Elf Army would be pretty cool.
If I can afford it, and we are talking "IF" I will be getting a Har Ganeth army with lots of Witch Elves and Executioners. FOOOOOR KHAAAIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:

·
453 Posts
For those of you who have not read the Malus Darkblade books.
READ THEM!

Now that is being very opinionated I know, but the books make the dark elves cool. I love to give character to all my armies and the Malus books explore every facet of Dark Elf society as well as being amazing books. I normally only read the 40k books as they are more fast paced, but the Darkblade books blew me away.

After read Reaver Of Souls, I want an army of Cold Ones. The books tell how in order to be a Cold One knight you need to be a Noble of some description. Each noble has his own lackies that attend him/her and Malus gets to lead 1000 of them! Also the thought that the Cold Ones would actually be the size of Carnisaurs ingame makes them cooler, even if the actual models won't be that big.

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
IT would be very cool if the highborn could ride a carnosaur into battle. Im thinking of possibly using a gunline style army with dark riders flying around the flanks. It will be crazy if they can move pre game! 18 inch fast cav move, then a further move 1st turn, they could be behind the enemy before they get to move a model!

Dan

·
Registered
121 Posts
And then we can ally and rule the world under our DE rule because nothing can beat an entire army of executioners and witch elves

muhahahhaha!

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And then we can ally and rule the world under our DE rule because nothing can beat an entire army of executioners and witch elves

muhahahhaha!
Imdeed we can ally and rule the world. Well at least until the assasins of the Temple of Khaine fulfill the contract on your head and then it becomes my rule Mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts