Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm relatively new to Eldar. Had a few questions:

1) What the hell is the Wave Serpent considerded as? Heavy Support? Troops?

2) If a vehicle moves more than 12", can you still disembark from it?

3) Does it cost inches to pivot my vehicle around after I move it (i.e. I wanna put the back ramp of my wave serpent face towards the enemy so I can disembark my fire dragons and shoot with them) or can I not do that?

4) On the Wave Serpent, you can add twin linked bright lances, twin linked starcannons etc. Do they mean one twin linked brightlance, or two twin linked brightlances. (the plural is throwing me off)

5) If you were to have your choice of pie, what would it be?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok so
1) Its a Dedicated Transport so dose not count as anything on the FOC that also means that you have to select it through a unit that can take one and it can only transport they unit you bought it for.

2) edit: Woops :p didn't see the "more then". Ok then no, moving more then 12" and you cannot disembark.

3) No it does not cost inches to pivot. But keep in mind that you will be exposing the back of the vehicle if you do that so either make sure that your going to kill what every your attacking or try and get in range of the troops guns with out pivoting around.

4) Its one twin-linked weapon.

5) Cherry

I also have a question sense I don't have my rule book if I have troops in a vehicle and I disembark before it moves can I shoot my heavy weapons (thinking of hiding my Dark Reapers in one)

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
I also have a question sense I don't have my rule book if I have troops in a vehicle and I disembark before it moves can I shoot my heavy weapons (thinking of hiding my Dark Reapers in one)
No they can't because it mentions in the entry for disembark that a unit counts as moving for the purposes of shooting.

I'm relatively new to Eldar. Had a few questions:

1) What the hell is the Wave Serpent considerded as? Heavy Support? Troops?
Dedicated transport. That means that only certain units are allowed access to one and it may only carry the unit that paid for it.

2) If a vehicle moves more than 12", can you still disembark from it?
Not if it moved more than 12". 0-12" is fine, 12.1" + is not.

3) Does it cost inches to pivot my vehicle around after I move it (i.e. I wanna put the back ramp of my wave serpent face towards the enemy so I can disembark my fire dragons and shoot with them) or can I not do that?
Pivoting doesn't 'cost inches'.

4) On the Wave Serpent, you can add twin linked bright lances, twin linked starcannons etc. Do they mean one twin linked brightlance, or two twin linked brightlances. (the plural is throwing me off)
It is one twin-linked weapon, check out the model.

5) If you were to have your choice of pie, what would it be?
Hmm, meat pie with potato and peas. It's a QLD thing.

·
378 Posts
Just a pointer.

Falcons and wave serpents are skimmers and thus don't block line of sight.

You can disembark your dragons (or avengers or whatever) from BEHIND and still shoot through the vehicle (imagine it as hovering 4-5mt in the air, so you just shoot underneath it!) without having to expose its rear end.

What you cannot do is assault through a skimmer vehicle, so that'll take a little more maneuvering to get the units into assault without showing your rear armor to the enemy! =)

·
Son of LO
3,475 Posts
I can remember a few arguments about pivoting costing inches. You can't move sideways then spin around to gain an extra inch or 2. The distance you end up away from the starting point has to be the correct number of inches regardless of turning your vehicle.

It's pivoting in the shooting phase (turn to face) that doesn't affect anything, but of course if you do that then you've missed the disembarkment.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, could I have two different units use two different wave serpents? i.e. I have a unit of fire dragons in one serpent, and a unit of wraithguard in another serpent, and still have three heavy troop choices? Or is only one transport allowed?

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
what? I don't get the question.
Waveserpents are purchased for a unit, just like any other upgrades. Listed in the unit entry for the squad is an option to mount them in a waveserpent.
Because the waveserpent is a dedicated transport it does not have any place on the force organisation chart and can only be used by the unit that purchased them and any characters that attach to the unit.
This means that if you purchase a waveserpent for a squad of fire dragons then only the fire dragons can use it, not the striking scorpions or whatever else you want to move.

·
Resident Mongoose
797 Posts
Ditto to what was said above. Wave serpents count as part of the unit they are purchased for. So a dire avenger unit with a wave serpent counts as a single troop choice and nothing else. Wraithguard with a wave serpent count as a single elites choice, and nothing else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.