Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to find out more about these aliens. i read about them in the 4th edition rules book and they appear in gaunts ghosts a number of times so just wanted to know a few questions

no. 1 how do you pronounce the name?
no. 2 it says in gaunts ghosts that they are mercenaries fighting for chaos are they an "evil" race as such?
no. 3 how could i represent them in a guard army and have there ever been models or rules for them?

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
1. I pronounce it as 'LOECKS-OE-ATEL', as its very Aztec.
2. They are mercenaries for chaos, they also feature in a short story by Graham McNeill, 'The Skull Harvest', in the same way as in the Gaunt's Ghost novels.
3. No, other than fan-made conversions there haven't been any models or rules for them.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
They've never been shown as mercenaries to anyone else, and their Lexicanum entry doesn't specify anyone else they may have allegiance too. It is theoretical they could hire themselves out to others, but not to Imperials (at least not the loyal, xenos-hating ones).

If you want them in your army, maybe use Rough Rider rules and convert your own models.

·
LO's unofficial Jester
2,900 Posts
I gather that like many other Xenos races their home world(s) has been ravaged, destroyed or even colonised by the Imperium who they now hate with a vengence. Chaos is the natural enemy of the Imperium and the enemy of my enemy is my friend attidute is kind of prevalant in these cases.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.