Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finished my 1000pt Vanilla Marine army and wanted to do something more interesting so im thinking of designing my own dark angels style army.
Here's some brief thoughts i've come up with, feel free to say they're rubbish or amazing or somewhere inbetween::

1. Fallen who remained loyal to the Emperor, but had to conceal themselves from the fervent attacks of the Unforgiven
  2. Are waiting for a prophesied day when they can emerge from the shadows of their world (Ele) and defend the Emperor to regain their place in the eyes of the Imperium and their DA brothers
  3. Ele is a world of fire and water, leading to the Angels Elemental always using a two phased attack in almost all battles, like two different elements working together
  4. They only leave Ele to raid for supplies. Not having access to heavy forges they regularly need to replenish technological supplies to upkeep their arms, armour and gene replicating technology.
  5. They also need to recruit to their cause, and look for those youths that have gone astray and are destined for death at the hands of Imperial justice. These youths are offered the chance for a quick and merciful death or to train as one of the Angels Elemental and try to attain their redemption.

I plan to use hideous amounts of Dark Angel sprues and green stuff to make none of the Angels Elemental look like average marines, as they are all as experienced as most veterans from other chapters.

Planning to start with a new tactical squad, command squad and captain on tuesday so quick replys would be much appreciated.

What im looking for is any improvements to the fluff, ideas for army compositions, tips for conversions, or anything else helpful, especially if you've already done something dark angels related.

Thanks

·
Registered
604 Posts
The general idea sounds cool but there are a few points that might need a bit tweeking.

4.They only leave Ele to raid for supplies. Not having access to heavy forges they regularly need to replenish technological supplies to upkeep their arms, armour and gene replicating technology.
If they are loyalists and look forward to the day they can redeem themselves they're going to have to get out and do something. They're in hiding so their world can't realy be written as a hub of activerty, if someone comes nocking on their door looking for a fight every week then they're stuffed, they'll be found in five minuits. They'll need to writen to go out and fight the enemys of the Emperor and defend the Imperium... Y'know, stuff like that. Saying you're loyal to the Emperor but not actuly doing anything about it is just emty words. (Try explaining that to the Interigator Chaplains )

5.They also need to recruit to their cause, and look for those youths that have gone astray and are destined for death at the hands of Imperial justice. These youths are offered the chance for a quick and merciful death or to train as one of the Angels Elemental and try to attain their redemption.
For most chapters hive worlds are considered the ideal source of potential recruits, the populace of the lower levels composed of some of the most murderous scum in the human Imperium. Whole gangs of hive scum are sometimes hunted down and captured for recruitment. Among the most valued traits in a recruit are aggression and psychotic-level killer instinct.

Saying your chapter goes after bad boys that are going to end badly is actuly wartering the recruiting process down a bit. Also, giving them a choice in the matter?

I have to say, the general idea sounds cool, I'd like to see some of your developed stuff when you do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they are loyalists and look forward to the day they can redeem themselves they're going to have to get out and do something. They're in hiding so their world can't realy be written as a hub of activerty, if someone comes nocking on their door looking for a fight every week then they're stuffed, they'll be found in five minuits. They'll need to writen to go out and fight the enemys of the Emperor and defend the Imperium... Y'know, stuff like that. Saying you're loyal to the Emperor but not actuly doing anything about it is just emty words. (Try explaining that to the Interigator Chaplains )
Yeah i kinda realised that an army which just stood around on a planet waiting was a bit wrong, but i'm really intrigued by the warrior monk thing that the DA have going on. Maybe needs re-working to be more akin to the ghost marine thingys (cant remember the actual name...grrrr) where they maintain contact with key areas of Imperial space and respond to crys for help if they think the cause is worthy enough.

I'll see what pops into my head.

With the recruitment thing I thought it would be cool to see them as jailbreakers for youths on death row, would also give them a reason to fight loyalists on occasion. I really liked the IG idea of Schaffeur's Last Chancers when I played a few years ago.

Thanks for the input, i'll post any newer ideas soon.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yeah i kinda realised that an army which just stood around on a planet waiting was a bit wrong, but i'm really intrigued by the warrior monk thing that the DA have going on. Maybe needs re-working to be more akin to the ghost marine thingys (cant remember the actual name...grrrr) where they maintain contact with key areas of Imperial space and respond to crys for help if they think the cause is worthy enough.
You're thinking of the Legion of The Damned. Check out this Lexicanum link> Legion of the Damned - Lexicanum It might give you a few ideas.

Also, have a look at the Dark Angels page, it has links to successor chapters too, they might be of help. Dark Angels - Lexicanum

With the recruitment thing I thought it would be cool to see them as jailbreakers for youths on death row, would also give them a reason to fight loyalists on occasion. I really liked the IG idea of Schaffeur's Last Chancers when I played a few years ago.
Check out the Penal World and the Penal Legion pages. Having them recruit from penal worlds or something along those lines could be good. Penal Legion - Lexicanum

Hope this will be of some help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts