Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have come to accept the fact that the U.S. will never get the new releases first. Then I was searching the internet for the official release date of the U.S. Codex and imagine my surprise when I came to the official Australian GW site in the advanced order section.

Codex: Tau Empire- March 1st, 2006
Crisis Commander- March 8th, 2006
Sniper Drone Team- March 1st, 2006

I thought that at least the U.K. would get them first, then the Americans and Canadians, and then Australian. Not Australia, U.K, then U.S. and Canada. I mean, the U.S. is closer to the U.K. then Australia is, shouldn't the U.S. get it first.

Lucky Australians.................................

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am an Australian. I can tell you right now that we will NEVER get anything before anyone. To give an example, the invisible Frodo's where 2 months late here due to customs.

The AU GW site is just insanely slow on updates, we don't have a dedicated website team, it just gets updated ad hoc by someone from HQ. If you go into hordes chaos mini range they still have the hunchback placcies there. The space marine range still has lots of the old models stuck in the middle of it. Not to mention all the broken links.

I assure you we won't have them before the US. There isn't even a decent warehouse out here, GW ran out of WE battallion boxes on release!

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
not to mention that WD is always at least a month behind, and sometimes 2
Australia is the arse end of the world as far as merchandising for anything is concerned
and forget about things like dvd releases, it can take anything up to 3 months after the US

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
What GW needs to do in Australia (if there is the fan base) is set up their company there, get the infrastructure down for an Aus. wide company, then you aussies will get the stuff you deserve.

It does help that if you live in the country the company is from (in this case England) you will get the new releases when they are 'new'.

·
Registered
92 Posts
and we have the highest taxes, so our models are way more expensive.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
GW IS set up in australia and DOES have a fan base! obviously.

as for release dates, yes aus is afew months behind in most things like movies etc. but i have no idea why. but i can assure you it isnt bcoz GW isnt set up here.. im sure it is a very complicated thing that stretches right up to the governement and international trade laws etc.. i dont think it has anything to do with our geograhpical location (far away from US & UK) and anyone who beleives so is a little dull..

oh and the next person to say Australia is the ass end of the world is going to get a little piece of my mind!! Aus is equal or better than any other western country as far as quilty of life goes. so get your facts staight or shut the f up...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts