Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my supposed army, thoughts and comments desired.

Bro-Cap Stern
6 x GK Termies (bodyguard)
2 x 10 Grey Knights in Power Armor (1 Justicar and 1 incinerator in each unit)
2 x Land Raider (trans. for GKs)
2 x heavy armor
1 x smoke launcher

What ya think?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Bro-Cap = 141
6 Termie Guard = 276
10 Grey Knights = 285
10 Grey Knights = 285
01 Land Raider = 250
01 Land Raider = 250
Heavy Armor = ????
I'm gonna assume heavy armor = dreadnaught, so I'll give it the cheapest weapon...
01 Dreadnaught = 110
01 Dreadnaught = 110
01 Smoke Launchers? = 3
TOTAL: 1710

Well... huh? If this is for 1500, it's too much, if it's for 2000, you should throw in more, you have -210 or +290.

Personally, I'd elect to toss out the Land Raiders, but that's because I cringe at 250 for a.... transport. Even if it does have double lascannons.... just.... damn.

EDIT: On a second note, if the heavy armors are dreadnaughts, that's 4 heavy support selections... *cough*

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check back on that there... did I say dreadies? No. No I did not.

·
Registered
130 Posts
well tell us what the hell you meant to say, cos by my daemonhunters codex, u cant purchase a 'heavy armour'

its a bix of a force, but u got no troops man, you'd get swamped hard by a large ork mob... yer wow you have WS 5 and S6.. but orks have the same init (12+ models passes WAAAGH test, double init, innit?) and u get 4+ saves... and they are able to have 30 boyz...

you'd get overrun hard, try a force with more infantry, such as this one

--------------------------------------
HQ-

Grand Master (162 pts)
-Upgrades: Hammerhand, Frag Grenades, Melta Bombs, Targeter
Retinue: 4 Grey Knight Terminators (219 pts)
-Upgrades: Holocaust, Incinerator

Troops-

8 Grey Knights (261 pts)
-Upgrades: Justicar (with Targeter), Psycannon, Incinerator

8 Grey Knights (261 pts)
-Upgrades: Justicar (with Targeter), Psycannon, Incinerator

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers (147 pts)
-Upgrades: 2 Meltaguns, Veteran Sgt w/ Teleport Homer, Auspex, Melta Bombs
Transport: Rhino (58 pts)
-Upgrades: Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour

Inducted Imperial Guard Infantry Platoon (161 pts)
=Command Section: Lieutenant, 4 Guardsmen
=Squad Alpha: 10 Guardsmen
-Upgrades: Flamer
=Squad Beta: 10 Guardsmen

Inducted Imperial Guard Infantry Platoon (161 pts)
=Command Section: Lieutenant, 4 Guardsmen
=Squad Gamma: 10 Guardsmen
=Squad Delta: 10 Guardsmen

Heavy Support-

Lance Strike (70 pts)

Total Points: 1,500 pts
Total Models: 81

--------------------------------------

if u feel it doesnt have enough anti-armour then tweak the points to get ML's for the IG instead of flamers...

·
Registered
196 Posts
I agree with everyone else. You lack big time in troops. So you've got two bad ass tanks. All that takes is two lucky shot's in the first turn. What does that leave you with. Not much. So now you have not a whole lot of troops plus all of your heavy hitting fire power is lying in rubble (from 2 shots). Your enemy's boys are just going to have a feild day with whatever you have left on the board. Ditch the land raiders and use rhino's, That's 400 pts less. And get your self some damn troops. If your hell bent on land raiders, then just take one. Taking two is just plain stupid. I'm not saying this to put you down, just saving you from the humiliation of being severly stomped on the battle grounds.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, you guys are right and all, but I'm just starting playing, I painted before but now I'm dicovering the game. I play all GKs, no Stormtroopers for me. What if I take out the Land Raiders on the BC Stern, and repace with a... Inquisitor? Grand Master? Whatever. That could be a 1000 point army. And I included 20 GKs. Troops? What are you talking about? I know I should use some of them as Fast Attack, but still, even one squad of ten GKs is pretty impressive. Thanks, and Keep the advice coming

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, I forgot to say Heavy Armor = all Crew Stunned results end up as Crew shaken. It's in the codex, I think. I just used it to use up extra points.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Uh.. thats for Dreads/Vehicles, you know that right? You can't have heavy armour as a choice, it would be like a slab of metal on the battle field.
I'm gonna assume you mean that for the LRs tho, so that would work...

I think when a fellow above this said you have no troops, he means that you have a low ammount of them, which is the problem with a pure GK army. Stormies are usually used to supliment numbers tho.
I'd drop the LRs, use either more GKs or Stormies and switch some of the GKs to fast attack instead of the LRs, if your hell bend on being a pure GK army then thats your best bet for the most troops available.

Ender, I don't know if you play GK or not but we can't use Rhinos so... yea.

·
Registered
196 Posts
No, I don't play Daemon hunters. So in that case I'd say just drop the land raiders and use the extra points on troops. Just remember that if you spend too many points on one thing, and that one thing can be snuffed out on the first turn with one las cannon shot. Then you probably shouldn't do it. not good when a 250 pt model get killed on the furst turn and for the rest of the game your outnumberd by 250 or so points

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yeah, I agree compleatly Endar :) , in a GK/DH army we can't really afford a LR in most games, since we are so low on numbers, the lowest of any army out there, we need more troops.
Fast Attack GKs do the job alright tho, cept when they drift 12 inchs away from their intended target <mutters>

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thnx guys, actually I'm gonna use a 1000 point army, which mean my two squads of 10 GKs, eack with an incinerator and a justicar, will leave 370 points for HQ etc. I could go with a Grand Master, and some terminator guards.

·
Registered
198 Posts
2 x 10 man GK squad wit inicinerators = 570pt. and that leaves 430pt.

Gk lord = 145pt.

This leaves 285pt. for retinue, extra GK, dreadnaught or even the LR (if u are hell bent on it)

i would suggest the dread with TL lascannons for armour and some fast attack

P.S. i tried to do a full GK army and fell short on watned troops so i have added an unit of stormtroopers and this has given me more troops (and a meat shield for the awesome GK :lol: )

anyway i would suggest not changing the lord if u take him as he comes tooled up and doesn't need anything (its a waste of points)

anyway hope my comments help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.