Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm still getting the hang of the new codex, but I wanted to try a slightly unorthodox ork list. The tankbustas are intentionally kept low in number, to make them more expendable. The warbuggies are each fielded as individual units, to make them more versatile.

EDIT: After a bit of playtesting, I've tweaked the list a bit from the original.

HQ:

Mad Doc Grotznik (160 points)

ELITE:

Tankbustas x5, w/2 tankhammers (75 points)

FAST:

Warbuggy w/ twin linked rokkits (35)

Warbuggy w/ twin linked rokkits (35)

TROOP:

25 Shoota boyz with two rokkit launcha (200)

11 Slugga boyz and nob w/PK in red trukk (146)

Heavy:

Looted Wagon w/2 big shoota and hardcase (55)

Mad Doc will start attached to the large shoota mob, and together they'll slog their way up the board, every member of the unit feeling no pain, and completely fearless until the last of them (which will be Mad Doc, of course) dies. One or two of the trukks will rush forward, to engage the enemy, while at least one stays back, to counter-assault any enemy that might win a combat, or strike one of the other ork units first.

I plan to have the tankbustas ride in the looted wagon (but not start in it, that'd be too risky) and get close to the enemy. There, they'll also provide cover for the rest of the army, and they're cheap enough that it isn't a big deal if they blow up. If the tankbustas survive, they hop out next round and shoot everything to pieces.

The buggies will dart around and look for side armor (and hopefully back armor, if they can eventually get it).

How does this look? Is there anything I've overlooked?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like the list. Special characters are always a blast to use, especially these new orky ones!
There were some things I saw though:

I'm adding up these squads at only 141 points a piece. 11 Ork boyz with a nob and pk (101) trukk with red paint job (40). This is coming to 141. I'm guessing there is a Rokkit Launcha or just something you forgot to add.

Mad Doc will start attached to the large shoota mob, and together they'll slog their way up the board, every member of the unit feeling no pain, and completely fearless until the last of them (which will be Mad Doc, of course) dies. One or two of the trukks will rush forward, to engage the enemy, while at least one stays back, to counter-assault any enemy that might win a combat, or strike one of the other ork units first.
Why run him with the Shootas? It seems this army would function as the Shoota squad being used purely as a distraction for the 3 Trukk units to advance. Being that Mad Doc has a PK and the nice feel no pain rule, he would be better suited in a Trukk with one of the mobs in hand to hand. With the Shoota's you're only utilizing half of what he is good for. When Mad Doc's unit dies just have him join the next closest Ork Mob.

Have the 3 main attack Trukks smash into the enemy front lines then come turn 3 or 4 charge in with whatever Shoota Boyz are left. I've foudn that ork Shootas aren't seen as that big of a threat so there is a good chance they will still be 10 men strong at least by that time.

I plan to have the tankbustas ride in the looted wagon (but not start in it, that'd be too risky) and get close to the enemy. There, they'll also provide cover for the rest of the army, and they're cheap enough that it isn't a big deal if they blow up. If the tankbustas survive, they hop out next round and shoot everything to pieces.
Go ahead and start the squad in the Wagon. Just try to hide the wagon if you don't get first turn. They are much safer in here than out on their own. Plus they have 4 bigger threats to shoot at-the quickly advancing Trukk Boyz and the giant footslogging Shootas.

With the exception of the Trukk Boyz cost, the units of your army look good. Here are some different tactics to offer up though!

Waaagh!

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Feel no pain

I wanted to put the Mad doc in a large unit, so that they can get the most benefit from feel no pain. A mob that size, with the doc, has virtually no chance of being eliminated before it sloggs its way into close combat.

Yes, that mob is meant to be a distraction, but it can also mess the opponents up really bad, both in shooting, and CC. I wanted shootas, because the mob connected to the mad doc has to move towards the nearest opponent, regardless of what it is. They can still shoot whomever they please, however, so the shootas makes the unit more versatile. Also, I find the shootas work better than sluggas in large slogging mobz.

After double checking the point cost for the trukk mobz, I realized that everything is as it's listed. In your calculations, you forgot to pay the base 6 points for the nob. The 10 point cost for the nob is to 'upgrade' a nob from a regular boy, so you still have to pay the original 6 point cost, otherwise it'd be just 10 boyz and a nob.

Thank you for the advice!

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I have a 1500 point game this weekend, and I wanted to see what people thought of it. The five tankbustas will start in the looted wagon, and all the boyz will start in their trukks:

Mad Doc Grotznik (160)

Big Mek w/Shokk Attack Gun and cybork (100)

Lootas x9 (135)

Tankbustas x5 (75)

Rokkit Buggy (35)

Rokkit Buggy (35)

8 Warbikes + 1 Warbike Nob w/Powerklaw and bosspole (270)

11 Slugga Boys in red trukk + 1 Nob w/PK (147)

21 Shoota Boyz + 2 Rokkits + 1 Nob w/PK (199)

Looted Wagon w/hardcase and big shoota (50)

What do you think? Is there something I've overlooked?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.