Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, this next AoD is gonna be huge! and the Mages will not be missing out!

We have the core Arena, we have brave (foolish?) warriors fighting monsters, and now, for a little touch of magic...

Ok, so i havent finalised the actual rules yet, but i think i have the Character selection system pretty sorted. Just sign up for now, and begin to think about Characters, incase of any changes.

Ok, here we go:

AoD Spellcasters
ALL important, please read

Stage 1: Choose your army and Character
-Characters chosen must have access, or be able to get access, to a Lore of Magic.
-Race specific rules will be granted (I.E TK cannot Miscast or IF, HE get +1 to dispel, DE get +1 to cast, etc)
-Magic Items and Wargear options may only be chosen from that armies rulebook (BoC/HoC may be mixed as normal), and only if the Character choice would ordinarily have access to the items.
-All Mages will have a standard statline as follows:

WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W3 I3 A1 Ld9

this statline will be used as necessary, and may ofcourse be improved / altered by magic item selection, or spell effects mid fight.

Stage 2: Select your Lore.
-This may be any lore allowed by the Character choice. The Mage will automatically know all spells from that Lore.

Stage 3: You may spend up to 250pts on your spell caster.
-This points limit DOES NOT include the base cost of the Character, but DOES include everything else. Marks, wargear, mounts, magic items, sprites, etc.

[/COLOR]
First off, determining your magic level

Each Mage begins at level 0, and gets 1Pd and 1Dd basic. This is Free.

Additional levels may be purchased as follows (cumulative):
Lv1 +50pts
Lv2 +35pts
Lv3 +50pts
Lv4 +35pts

Each additional level grants +1Pd. Levels 1 and 3 grant +1Dd

The level of your Mage will be the number of spells they may attempt to cast each turn.

Next, options:
Magic items may be selected at the cost indicated. Normal restrictions apply (i.e no armour unless mundane armour is available to the Character, only 1 magic item per category, except power stones and Dispel Scrolls, etc) As usual, only 1 bound spell allowed.

Points may also be spent on Marks, Vampire powers, Sprites, etc, so long as your Character choice is normally able to do so. Wargear may be chosen from the Characters unit entry.

Important notes:
There will be NO Close Combat phase, nor movement or shooting phases. Bear this in mind.

Magic items, such as the Diadem of Power, are legal. When submitting your Character, please state what you wish the effect of the item to be (i.e lose 2Dd and gain 2 Pd) and this effect will be applied constantly, from the beginning of a duel.
The Empire item which allows +d3 Dd, with a roll required, again when submitting please state the number of Dd required to be test for each turn.
There are many items like this, please just give specifics when Characters are finally submitted for entry.

For spells such as Master of Stone, Treesinging, etc, it will be assumed that the target is close enough to (or in) the something required for the damage to occur.

Mounts will not take hts for the mage. All spells will be directed at the mage itself. (im thinking HE Dragon Mage mainly) Normal mounts may grant armour saves as normal.

The List of entrants stands at:
1. Anthraxium
2. AFG - received
3. Daelrog - received
4. Ginger - received
5. Spec
6. Herman - received
7. Xadrian
8. Throkken

We are full for now, but ill chat with Dave and see if we can get it up to 16... so keep putting your names down if you want to be put in reserve, and keep an eye on this thread.

·
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What about vamp spell casters that raise dead?
What about 'em? There is no combat... raise all the zombies you like, they can groan for you in a motivational way is you wish! :p

Lets say... all Mages are granted with a special armour free which prevents all types of physical harm. Except that could interfere with some spells... All mundane physical harm?

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
This would be my first AoD, but im intrested in signing up.

so the points cost of the unit we select is not added to our 250 limit?

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
They could block LoS. Impractical, yes, but it's a hypothetical situation. They don't have to make sense:p.

Inyhoo, count me in. Beast-shaman Want Fire will go to war (sorry about the real imagination shown in the name). otherwise, Wizard Lord Wilfred the Hapless will die for his college. Looks good so far:).

-AFG

·
It's what's for dinner
1,284 Posts
I'll enter a character into this one. Whilst my entry into the main arena will be a terror to face, this one will be a little sneakier.

A dark figure approaches the magic arena from a far away land...
Every day it draws nearer and nearer, driven by the call of its patron deity...
Age has killed the unknown wizard's mount, so now the travel will be on foot (after a hefty meal!)...
The sorcerer grows more restless every day, the cry of bloodshed echoing in the wind...
Harsh winds berate the wizard, yet he pays no heed to nature's paltry defiance...
A lone troll, hungry for a meal, confronts the wizard...
Nothing is left of the troll but a pile of ash...
The wizard has arrived and has entered, soon his opponents will know his name, and will TREMBLE IN FEAR!

·
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive received this in a PM...
Because the base cost of the character isn't included, but they have an additional 250 points to spend, does that mean that I could go with a 2nd Gen Slaan (135pts extra) and additonal equipment?

An this was my response...
At the moment, yes... although bear in mind the rules are not yet fixed, they may be changed if and when people start to ''break'' them. I may have to look at limiting it to 1Lord / Hero worth of slots, making the 2nd gen slann unusable, as he is 1L 1S + 1R i think. Ill ask around and see, keep the idea in mind though, its legal until any changes to the rules are made. Ill post specifically in the case of any changes, so you dont have to keep checking the opening post even when nothing may have changed.

In addition:
No, the initial Char cost is not included in the 250 total. All Chars will have a basic statline, which will be modifiable by purchased Wargear etc (+1T etc...)

Block LoS maybe.. but how complicated would that get lol.

As for magic item limit... take the above PM response as your answer for this, ill see how breakable it is... although with 1 Arcane item limit, not even HE should be breaking this one too baldy...

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Count me in Deci. I will be creating a character as soon as possible.... Something evil....

ninja out

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Count me in.

However, I must say that I think character cost should be reflected in the rules somehow. There is a reason some mages are more expensive than others whether it be how good they are, or how potent their magic items/magic item combos are. I don't think it is fair to all races to all people to get racial powers/abilities while not having to pay for it.

·
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can edit your post with your Character when i say that the rules are finalised. Signup is closed at 8 for now, Herman you're in reserve as the 9th, but ill chat to Dave when i get chance and see what he thinks about expansion.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ill take a reserve spot too Phoenix. If you bump up the number then cool, but if not, no big. ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
count me as a reserve aswell mate!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ahh man swntzu. Now when I do crap in the arena you will always know you could have done better ;).
Thanks though bud, I'll do my best 8Y

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.