Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just received a battle force pack and a hive tyrant for chrissy from my wife and workmates. I've been putting my nids together and I have decided to use magnets to make them as modular as possible. I know it's common to apply magnets to monstrous creatures to swap in/out weapons and biomorphs, but is it common for people to do troops and warriors as well?

I'm thinking about making even my gaunts' arms swappable, as well as the rear arm socket of the genestealers and the warriors. Am I really going overboard with this or have people done this (and does it work well?)

I'm looking at purchasing the following magnets:
6mmx1.5mm - Arm socket of the carnifex, found this mentioned in someone's tutorial
4.75mmx1.5mm - Troop bases
3mmx1mm - was thinking about arm sockets for these, and some of the monstrous creature biomorphs
2mmx1mm - Arm socket for troops if the 3mm ones don't fit.

Any thoughts and suggestions? (and help?)

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
I reckon that doing basic troops would be really tedious and there would be a high chance of stuffing it up. Hate to say that, but I'd rather you don'e stuff your troops up and they are quite small.
Warriors on the other hand, if done well, could be quite good!
You already mentioned about the monstruous creatures...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I guess that's my tutorial you saw then?
I wouldn't, personally, use magnets on anything that small.

I mean, nowadays, you can get the models so cheap on eBay there is really no need to do so.

I guess maybe for the warriors you could....but not the gaunts. Because it is still a fair amount of effort, and really not worth it.
Time is money ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. And great tutorial by the way. Have you modularised the hive tyrant as well? Any tutorials for that coming in the near future? :)

Maybe I'll just leave the bluetack on my gaunts :w00t:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts