Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ- Farseer w/Doom

Elites- 7 banshees w/ Exarch and Executioner (or mirror swords)
-Wave serpeant w/ TL EML and Spirit stones

Troops- 10 DA w/ Exarch, Blade storm, Dual Catas
- Wave serpeant w/ TL BL and spirit stones

10 DA w/ Exarch, bladestorms
- wave serpeant w/ TL shuriken cannon and spirit stones

10 Storm Guardians w/ 2 Flamers, Warlock, destructor
-wave serpeant w/ TL EML and spirit stones

Heavy Support- Fire Prism

Fire Prism

Fire Prism

total 1500

Competitive tournament complete with nid-zilla, mech Ork, drop pod assault marines, rhino rush marines, 3x vindicator armys, multi hammer heads and pathfinder tau, mech dark eldar, and seer council eldar.

I have not finished my seer council on bikes, and this tournament requires all painted miniatures. This tournament is invitation only from the top placers in the previous few tournaments. Any last minute advice or changes would be helpful. Each player has seen most of the other players play at least once and seen most of their army styles.

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,560 Posts
I don't see this as that strong and it does nothing an opponent won't be expecting. Just a copy + paste Mechdar list.

I think Dragons would be a better buy, right now Land Raiders rule your world unless you get Turn 1 and a clear LoS via Prisms. If you don't it's the shaken/stunned parade.

Just try something different, the tried and true list isn't true anymore. Mix up the Heavies, run 2 Guardian units, something. EMLs everywhere isn't a bad idea if you can get the points either. Lances are largely useless imho and Cannons are a waste compared to what you can get.

·
1,059 Posts
Perhaps change one of the DA squads for a second storm unit and use the extra points for a couple more banshees or impove a gun or two on the transports. Overall I think it is in fairly good shape.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see this as that strong and it does nothing an opponent won't be expecting. Just a copy + paste Mechdar list.

I think Dragons would be a better buy, right now Land Raiders rule your world unless you get Turn 1 and a clear LoS via Prisms. If you don't it's the shaken/stunned parade.

Just try something different, the tried and true list isn't true anymore. Mix up the Heavies, run 2 Guardian units, something. EMLs everywhere isn't a bad idea if you can get the points either. Lances are largely useless imho and Cannons are a waste compared to what you can get.

I dont generally have too much trouble with land raiders and I do not think there are any in this tournament. And if there is I doubt there will be more than 1. Even if i did take fire dragons it doesnt guarntee it will make it across the board to melta. The opponent will shoot at their transport so it cant melta his armor lines.

The true eldar list isnt true anymore? im not sure why you think that. Maybe so, but i guess in my area not yet? I have 2 EMLs which has always worked out good for me and 1 lance is always there just in case. prism cannons are a waste or shuriken cannons? The only reason the shuriken cannons are there is because I ran out of points but still need a safe passageway for my 3rd troop unit.

Drop the storm guardians for fire dragons perhaps ?.
Need the 3rd troop choice, all missions are objectives and if tied goes to KP.

Perhaps change one of the DA squads for a second storm unit and use the extra points for a couple more banshees or impove a gun or two on the transports. Overall I think it is in fairly good shape.
I would love to do that, except the tournament requires all painted models and i currently only own 1 squad of storm guardians. I am investing in another soon though!

What I really meant was a change to the war gear or outfitting of my current units, I cant change many units because this is about all I have painted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It would probably do you good to put in a couple guardian squads with a warlock and conceal with your choice of Grav Weapon. If your squads aren't pretty big Conceals not gonna be worth it.
----------
The problem i'm seeing is that your troops are expensive and you dont have a lot of them for 1500 points.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I havent heard someone suggest guardians with conceal in a long time.

30 troops in wave serpeants is def not a weak troop choice.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Like the list for the most part, your troop choices are strong. Too bad you only have one doom though, another doomseer would support the storm squad or the dire avengers nicely.

My only question is, do you absolutely need three prisms instead of two? could the extra *** points get you a doomseer + something else or upgrade your current doomseer to Eldrad?

I'm not sure what the original game plan is for the third prism, of course it doesn't hurt to have around if one goes down early, but I don't take it that you plan on linking three shots

·
Registered
350 Posts
The list looks good, but you might want to think about trading the Banshees for Scorpions in a Wave Serpent and outflanking them. Also, if you decide not to use the third Fire Prism, Yriel would be a good HW choice to have. you get the +1 to reserves, and all his ither cool abilities.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Excellent suggestions.

I currently do not have any scorpions painted. As the tournament requires painted minatures (sucks I know).

The reason why I have 3 is because after turn 1, 1 is always shaken or stunned or flat out dead. That way I can always link the remaining 2. I usually sit 2 out , half way behind cover and 1 completely concealed but in LOS to the prisms. so only 2 are able to be shot at. 1 generally just spends the game donating beams.

I havent had to link all 3 yet, buti sure would like to! but no one leaves their termies un sheilded long enough( IE : throws them in assault asap) for me to shoot the death plate at them!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Honestly, I can see the need for three Prisms in a full mech list. Sometimes just having one for people to shoot at while the other two get shots off is enough. Thus far, my two Prisms performance is mediocre at best. Sure I hang back with them, but they still get shaken a lot or blown out of the water too quickly. Still working them though. Practice makes perfect, I suppose.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats right, and on turn 1 (if you go first) you get to shoot a linked shot and a reg str 9 shot. plus all the EML and lances, in hopes you can at least destroy a couple vehicles or main weapons.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts