Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cereal killer
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Recently I've been thinking about taking up my Eldar again. (For some reason the fact that my Tyranids are getting updated slowly pulls me away from them)
So I was thinking a bit and figured I wanted another farseer but I'd like something special...

Now, I was searching a bit and it struck me that having a female farseer would be cool and found this pic will I searched through Deviant art for concepts to use.

Link

I searched LO for a bit too looking for converting ideas, but nothing appealed to me.
So I don't want to add cloaks to a Guardian or a Banshee or something like that.

Yep, that's about it...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Having a look at the pic the first idea that comes to mind is using the plastic guardian female torso. Depending on how much converting you want/are able to do I would then go for the legs from an existing farseer/warlock. Cut the robed warlock/farseer in half at the waist with a hobby saw, cut the knubby bit off the guardian torso so its nice and flat then simply pin the two together. You can then GS and gaps or whatever need to be do to blend the two. You may even want to add some extra robes/sashes over the torso too with a bit of GS.

You can then get heads and weapons from anywhere in the eldar range to make up the rest of your model. A lot of the stuff from the Dire Avengers kit would be really good for it like the spear, bear head and the shield arm. Also have a look at the Dark Eldar frames from heads (and maybe use the female torso from ther instead).

Another way is to simply sculpt some breasts onto a normal farseer model to make it look female. This will overall be easier than the above option but it won't look as individual.

Look forward to see what you come up with.

·
Cereal killer
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Depending on how much converting you want/are able to do I would then go for the legs from an existing farseer/warlock. Cut the robed warlock/farseer in half at the waist with a hobby saw, cut the knubby bit off the guardian torso so its nice and flat then simply pin the two together. You can then GS and gaps or whatever need to be do to blend the two. You may even want to add some extra robes/sashes over the torso too with a bit of GS.
Not too fond of cutting up metal models actually, maybe one of the lower body parts from the High elf mage? (The one on foot)
It is plastic after all and I've looked at it before, I'm not sure though as the robes may be a bit too windy(?)...

You can then get heads and weapons from anywhere in the eldar range to make up the rest of your model. A lot of the stuff from the Dire Avengers kit would be really good for it like the spear, bear head and the shield arm. Also have a look at the Dark Eldar frames from heads (and maybe use the female torso from ther instead).
I have a spare farseer helmet otherwise, but the spear and such will be worth thinking about, I can probably ask a friend of mine if he have any spears left over(Which I know he does anyway... I don't though, since I bought my Avengers second-hand)
I'm going to have a look at the Dark Eldar warrior sprue too. Can probably get a couple of torsos from a friend of mine who just happens to have a box of them and don't play.

Look forward to see what you come up with.
Hehe, me too. =D

Look in wood elves for a head, they have good female heads.
And sadly, I can't differentiate the male/female ones... They all look silly too.
I'm also using some wood elf heads for another farseer too.
But I was considering taking a torso from my Glade guards. May involve some greenstuff work though...

Speaking of which, I remember seeing somewhere that there used to be a model for a female farseer, but I guess that's a collectible...

·
Registered
92 Posts
The pic seems to be of Farseer Macha from DoW - there used to be a lovely conversion and tutorial on the French GW site, but the fools scrapped it with the website changeover. :freaked-out:

This is the best I could find describing it, and I still can't find a picture of the finished model. Hopefully it's of some use though...

Edit. Yay, found a few pics of the finished Macha conversion, or near enough. Also found this, this, and this.

·
Cereal killer
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The pic seems to be of Farseer Macha from DoW - there used to be a lovely conversion and tutorial on the French GW site, but the fools scrapped it with the website changeover. :freaked-out:

This is the best I could find describing it, and I still can't find a picture of the finished model. Hopefully it's of some use though...
Cheers, mate for the links! ^^
+rep

Ya, the change sucks... GW has gone over to the dark side. >:

Edit. Yay, found a few pics of the finished Macha conversion, or near enough. Also found this, this, and this.
Interesting... The proportions were slightly off but meh... Interesting stuff. :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
All farseers are female!!!

I think this would be a really cool idea though you could use the wraithgaurd for the back spike things and a wood elf head.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wraithguard for the back spine are unproportional....she'd look like a fairy. For back fins i suggest you take those guardian fins and glue them together. if you want something special consider scuplting or if your like me and the only skill you have with a hobby knife is thrusting and stabbing i would say find power swords and just put the blades on the fins. But whatever works. Hope the model turns at nice.

Now just gonna drag the link to the folder next to pron for later staring at and wishing my girlfriend was this hot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts