Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<_< My idea didnt work! I was going to cut out a cardboard bookcover, a spine and another cover, glue it together and stick in some coloured paper. Good idea until... :huh: it wont stick together! :angry:

I need to know how to make a Warhammer 40K sized book, for a rescue mission im currently designing. I have made a wreck site for the books to sit in, ideal for my mission. Just a crashed cart, i now need books as its cargo.

Thnx alot,

Baros

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i used polestrrene cement, then tried pritt-stick.

and wot do you mean by boring job???

·
1,019 Posts
We are talking about a model sized book right? size of half your pinky finger nail (just about)?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
What? eh uhhh huh!?!?!?!?

What the heck do you need at life size book for... in the scenery??

Just answer me, what are you going to use that as... a commercial for the adeptus terra bookstore?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no, not quite. This is my allout plan :

Im going to build a baggage train, go to this website to see the plans. As you will see if you go to that website you can have various baggage. Im not going to build this exactly to plan, mine will have no horse, broken wheels and so forth! This is to give the affect that is was maybe attacked by wild beasts or orks and they were to stupid to take the items on it (no offence ment to ork collectors).

My baggage will be the holy scriptures of they emporor (you know hes worshipped like a god and all that), being a big warhammer 40K size. If you look at pictures of an actual torah (Jewish holy book), it is massive. Sort of lie this, but of a warhammer 40K size, so it could be transported and carried by units or baggage trains.

The purpose you may ask. A rescue mission battled between the Dark Eldar (Trying to steal them and corrupt the emporor) and the Space Marines (emporors loyal servants trying to make their leader prosper). That is the objective, take and hold in the form of a rescue! If this makes any sense at all, you know what im on about.

Thanks for any more suggestions,

Baros

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by protocon@May 26 2003, 08:04
We are talking about a model sized book right? size of half your pinky finger nail (just about)?
nope! bigger, about the size of the shift key on a normal qwerty keyboard. this is a holy scripture sort of thing i am trying to make.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the wot-wot now???

·
1,019 Posts
Hmmm

Just use your original cardboard idea and use a glue stick (like is used in every kindergarden, non flammable, non toxic and tastes funny.).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i cant say ive ever tasted it, but anyways! i tried it and it worked, a shame the paper was crumbly. I painted it in a diluted bad moon yellow to give it an old effect, when it was dry i played the map campaign using it! 2 turns in it had broen and the pages were half gone. Try it again without colouring the paper unless any1 knows how to do do it?

Baros

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Here's a good tip I picked up a few years ago...

First I advice you to read the terrorists handbook... find the part about making bookbombs... they give a good example on how to preserve paper in books and so on...

PS. It's just an example I'm not the kind of guy that reads those sort of books for leisure or personal gain...

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
Book Thingy

Its got the part codes for the master of the ravenwing Book and its only £1
Thought its the UK part code..

Well the UK part code is 9947010119606

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ive had a look! it looks good, but costs to much, considering the P&P. I found a really cheap bargain in an OXFAM shop on a school game. It had books in with like history written on. I took off the stickers and made my own cover and painted it. This altogether cost about 60p :D

But think of how mcuh good ive dont to the world as well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:D my work is done!!! i must now leave

:p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.