Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all you eldar players,

Ive been wanting to play a truly unique army for some time now that was almost 100% converted and i almost went orc speed freaks but after some thought I figured exodites would be awesome and very eye catching!!

I got the idea to use some "proxy" official rules for them with model replacments from previous theme armies such as Thousand squats, (a chaos squats army using thousand sons rules, and dark harlequin army using dark eldar rules.

Anyways enough foreshadowing Id like some help thinking up some cool models for replacements for troop choices!!

The army will use alot of jet bikes and vyper bikes and tanks and all these models will be replaced by a reptillian model of some type heres what i got so far using vanilla eldar rules as of this moment...

Jet bikers: Cold ones mounted by eldar of course, with both shining spear and guardian jet bikes squads used, simple one anyone could of thought of that...

Vypers: Im going to buy cold one chariots and use eldar heavy weapons platforms for the actual chariot, making hover chariots. Ill fabricate rails and a suitable rider for the chariot and place the vyper's chosen heavy weapon on a pintle mount in the chariot with the twin linked catapults on either side of the cold ones harnesses. Scythes of course could be fashioned to the hover platform.

Guardian squads in wave serpents: For the wave serpants im thinking the most obvious choice would be a stegadon with a more futuristic howdah. Id like suggestions for good howdah ideas, or better tanks then stegadons. Additionally I plan to have the guardians look rustic and more like their from a planet. Figure this will be simple using high elf and wood elf heads and other pieces to give them the more "back woods" feel.

Wraith Lord: This one I'm planning to use the lizardman carnosaur with a platform on his back with his heavy weapons crewed by a exodite. His flamers can be breath weapons. What you all think? the carnsaur model can be either a Wraithlord or a prism tank, but i felt the wounds and hand to hand characteristics of a wraithlord would be better represented by the carnosaur.

Avatar: Orion of the hunt? the wood elf god character? might not add the avatar and just use two farseers on cold ones with warlock guards on cold ones.

Aspect warriors: Now this Im stumped on for how to make some of the aspect warriors seem like they are from an exodite world. Id still like them to have an overall feel as aspect warriors and be exodite bumpkins at the same time. Any ideas?

All comments greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
531 Posts
First id like to say that is a great idea,

anyway for the aspect warriors is make the armor more dammaged and rusty, put some static grass onparts of their armor.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont want them to look like undead their just not as strict as craft world eldar and have a more holistic approuch to life.

I got a good idea from eldar online critiques and Im going to use an archive eldar guardian head with the face exposed but a mask over his mouth to represent howling banshees. Ill mount the head on dark eldar wych models and do some weapon swaps and green stuff some hair, thus they will look more barbaric and feral.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.