Librarium Online Forums banner
101 - 120 of 151 Posts

· Treadhead with a Chainaxe
1,884 Posts
I can't but agree with nerupdisruptor here, aside from some minor differences with the male uniform they would fit in a cadian army perfectly, if the remainingbits look as good as those I've seen I'll defenatly join in and buy a few of these.

· Ayatollah Moomintroll
2,206 Posts
Yes I am very impressed with this project now. As I have a Tau Human Auxiliary contingent for my Tau, which are based on Cadians, I'm looking at getting a few female troopers to add some diversity.

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Yes I am very impressed with this project now. As I have a Tau Human Auxiliary contingent for my Tau, which are based on Cadians, I'm looking at getting a few female troopers to add some diversity.

That would look really cool. It is extremely appropriate for the tau empire to have both male and female gue'vesa.

900 Posts
Ah the Rovanian 112th is going to look pretty damn good at this rate. My only woe is that I plan on putting rebreathers on all my infatry platoons, so I won't be able to use quite so many of the female heads to their fullest. Ah well, my conscripts don't have any so I'll take full advantage of that and place a goodly number of females among them (10 or so should do).

· Mr Commisar to you
2,912 Posts
Somehting that is still bugging me. Why when her trousers are baggy in most places does she have a wedgy? I know it may suggest the femininity more (i dont know why but im no psychologist) but it does seem right, a little extra greenstuff to make it more subtle would be better methinks, other than that im loving them, the hands dont seem as big when the picture isnt so close, may just have been the angle after all!

Cant wait to see some painted versions; how long till we can see a few painted?

A

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
How the hell did I miss this... I've been nagging about the lack of female guardsmen ever since... well, since I started playing guard. And now I almost missed them.. Those models look absolutely stunning! Can I still join in?
You sure can, but you'll have to enable personal messaging again so I can send you the details. Right now you've got it blocked. ^_^

· Drills baby.
7,103 Posts
I must admit that I was a bit skeptical when I first heard of this, but seeing the actual models I can only say 'Good job!'
I have some comments, agreeing with most that the pants are to tight (butt-cheeks to obvious!) and I'm not to sure 'bout the breast-armour. I don't mind the heads, who says ashaving-dicsipline is enforced all the time during the hell of war? :) (ok, most of the time it would be enforced but I don't care! :D)

· Registered
2 Posts
Wow... just wow, I literally just found this website and I am gob smacked!!!

Awesome work, I am hoping these will be on sale from what I read it seems so; do you have an expected release date and price range?

Will you be modelling a body so that heavy weapons will be comfortably attached?

Spent 30 minutes reading the topic and I am just awe inspired

Great work!

JAM

· Benevolent Dictator
9,444 Posts
Bandwagon modifications

Erm... allow me to make a point here,
has anyone seen the Brit Paintball team 'Femme Fatales'? They wear the exact same cover-alls as the gents do. Watch a video of them playing, they rarely do anything 'girly' and as to the feminine features adding to the 'inherent girliness' of the pose- it doesn't. Watch one of those chicks hit a bunker and lean against it, she looks exactly like a guy: scared, psyked, and ready to shoot something.
So I'd say that to fix your model, I'd probably grind down the hips because a girl doesn't have hips that are *that* much wider than her shoulders. I'd cut and reposition those legs so that the knee and foot of the left leg is straight or out slightly. The chest is acceptable enough, but the faces look too pretty. Her hair wouldn't be styled like that, it would be matted down with sweat and field grime. It would either cling to her face, and neck, or she'd have it cut very short. Trust me, after PB with my own girlfriend, I wouldn't call her 'beautiful'. Attractive maybe, but not gorgeous.
That's what you need on your Cadian girls. Narrower hips, more manly poses, and more haggard looking faces. If you pull that off, people will flock to your models because they AREN'T like the GW standard.

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
That's what you need on your Cadian girls. Narrower hips, more manly poses, and more haggard looking faces.
It's a multi-part kit, so people are welcome to shave down the hips and use different heads if they want to.

What you need to realize is that 40K is not "truescale," it is "heroic scale." That means that things are exaggerated so that they can be seen from several feet away. Look at a real semiautomatic pistol. How big is it? Not much bigger then your hand, right? Now look at a 40K pistol. How big is it compared to the model's hand? Huge, right? In fact, it's bigger then a basketball would be in truescale.

40K models are made wider then truescale as well. Look at a marine or a terminator, for example.

So, if we were to make a model "truescale," like you suggest, it wouldn't fit into the 40K range of minis at all. Remember also, that these need to look correct when placed next to the male cadians, which have terribly distorted body proportions, so our model has to follow similar distortions or else it won't fit in with the models around it.

If you pull that off, people will flock to your models because they AREN'T like the GW standard.
Believe me, it's not a problem. We've already had over 70 people join in on the project.:D

· Advocatus Diaboli
4,730 Posts
That's some good stuff :D. If I ever actually get around to finishing my cadians maybe I'll consider some. If people think the waists on these models are bad - take a look at Dark Eldar incubi - They take "waspish" to a whole new level.

(And as a background point, mankind is actually well beyond racism, sexism and all that in the 41st millenium. They just hate all alien scum instead :yes:)

101 - 120 of 151 Posts