Librarium Online Forums banner
121 - 140 of 151 Posts

· Proud banner bearer of LO
795 Posts
That's some good stuff :D. If I ever actually get around to finishing my cadians maybe I'll consider some. If people think the waists on these models are bad - take a look at Dark Eldar incubi - They take "waspish" to a whole new level.

(And as a background point, mankind is actually well beyond racism, sexism and all that in the 41st millenium. They just hate all alien scum instead :yes:)
I second that in a Last Chancers novel, one of the Last Chancer dudes is nickd named 'Brownie', not because of his skin, but because he did a brown one in his pants after nearly getting nailed by an artillery shell in his first battle.

I too was sceptical about the viability of this project, but it has been done with competency and is of the most highest standards. :) Keep working on it! I love every moment of it!

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
(And as a background point, mankind is actually well beyond racism, sexism and all that in the 41st millenium. They just hate all alien scum instead :yes:)
Yes, historically the thing that brings unity and erases "isms" is a greater common threat, and 40K is FULL of things that want to eradicate humanity and/or all life in the universe.

I too was sceptical about the viability of this project, but it has been done with competency and is of the most highest standards. Keep working on it! I love every moment of it!
Thanks man, It has been a LOT of work but has been very rewarding as well. :D

· Registered
963 Posts
i don't feel like reading all this, so i will say it. i will attempt to make a female cadian torso tonight. would you like to see it when it is done? i will make casts of the piece added to it of GS or hand sculpt more if it is easy. would anyone like some?

· Registered
13 Posts
If you decide to sell these pieces of art, I'm in. As for my personal attempts to make a female guards,,,,,person, I first tried to cut of the head of a slave girl, and after a dismal failure I tried again with the Arwen model. Another dismal failure.

· Registered
108 Posts
Gentlemen, I take my hat off for you. Nice job, good effort. I advise that you do not sell them. Copy right, GW army of lawyers and all; it would sad day that work put resulted in bankruptcy of jail. This project proves what can be done. I think that there will be more Female models produced due to your effort. Good s**T

· Advocatus Diaboli
4,730 Posts
Gentlemen, I take my hat off for you. Nice job, good effort. I advise that you do not sell them. Copy right, GW army of lawyers and all; it would sad day that work put resulted in bankruptcy of jail. This project proves what can be done. I think that there will be more Female models produced due to your effort. Good s**T
GW would have a hard time with this - these pieces don't copy any of their own work (and therefore can't infringe copyright directly). If it was likely to be an issue, take the eagle off the body armour and just say it is "compatible with GW's Imperial Guard cadian sprue" - some of the pieces you can see aren't copies, they're GW original arms etc.

· Registered
963 Posts
i have a question. how can we get the arms to fit with the extra parts on front? i might need to shave down the torso and rebuild it. or cut it in half and shave out some of the middle and build it up correctly. this will take some experimentation. lots.

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
i have a question. how can we get the arms to fit with the extra parts on front? i might need to shave down the torso and rebuild it. or cut it in half and shave out some of the middle and build it up correctly. this will take some experimentation. lots.
The chest armor sticks out farther, but the rest of the torso is more narrow, so they cancel each other out. The sculptor had plastic arms with him as he sculpted the torso, so the plastic arms are designed to fit without any modifications.

· Registered
814 Posts
Well, I'm floored by what you guys have made here. It's very cool stuff. They look a lot like what I had expected female guards-women would look like. Although I do agree on the hips/waist issue people have been talking about on here, they're still by far the best female DIY models I've ever seen

Dr. Thunder, any idea how much these are going to cost once all is said and done? I'd love having a couple of these to go into my IG army.

· Registered
963 Posts
since sculpting extra armor didn't work too well, i am planning to cut away the front armor plate, shim it with some plasticard, and re glue it. it will stick out more, but not a large amount. i will be using very thin/thin plasticard for this. i am NOT using 2 mm. probably not even 1mm. expect nothing.

· Registered
75 Posts
I was wondering if you already thought of the idea to make one that is a tank operator. That one seems like a pretty easy modification off of some of the already posted pics. I personally would like to have atleast 1 female tank driver in an AC list. :D

EDIT: Just thought about maybe a female with the kasikin rebreather but without the helmet. I don't know, just throwing out options that you might be interested in, plus i really like the rebreathers on units.

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Okay, everyone, the sculpting is complete and the originals have survived their trecherous journey across two continents and at least one ocean to arrive in my grubby little hands.
This will be my final update on regular forums. The molds are being made as we speak. So this is the final call if anyone else wants to join in and get some. If you were waiting to see how it turned out, then your wait is over. It has turned out.

So, how do they look, you ask? Having now seen them in person, they are amazing. Heinrick did a spectacular job. I daresay these are better then the sculpts for the male cadians. I am 100% satisfied with the end result, and I hope you guys are as well.
(Just click on a thumbnail to see a larger version of the pics)

The sculptor said something really inspiring to me in our last email. He said that this project was particularly special for him, because it was not a "rich kid" comission, nor was it a commercial project for a company, but a true hobby project, by hobbyiests for hobbyiests.
I thought that was really cool and wanted to share that with you guys. :)

Okay, so I hope you all have enjoyed this little adventure in model creation. If anyone else wants to join in send me a PM.

Cheers. :)

· Registered
294 Posts
I really like the way these turned out. Great job.

Judging by Doc's last post, I would assume that any further questions will have to be PM'd to him.

But this thread doesnt have to die. Anyone who has joined in on this project, please post pictures of the final project once you recieve it. I would love to see the end results, as well as the paint jobs you give them.

121 - 140 of 151 Posts