Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm converting my graveguard out of Dark elf and skeleton bits mainly, with random other things thrown in for a bit of fun.. My problem is the models with skellie torsos really don't look like they've got heavy armour on at all. Any idea for what I could do about this easily?

I've tried GSing one, which doesn't really look that good, and I've got these little triangle pieces of armour from the Brets box, but I don't want to overuse them..

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Hmm... Well, you basicly need to do breastplates and shoulder gaurds (am I wrong, don't remember how those Grave Guardies look like) or do you have something else in mind?
I would get my hands on some plasticard and a guide on how to get using it without to much trouble.
It can be used to give you a base for a breastplate and start GSing from there (will look better, I promise you). Other than that, I don't know.

·
907 Posts
what id suggest is a GS chainmail tabbard first (flatten out the gs and use a boot brush with stiff plastic bristles sorta like a small bass broom) thenover that little squares of plastcard joined together with a single strand of either fiber optic cable or a single strand from a picture hanging wire drill holes on the plasticard and thread the wire or cable through the holes and drape this over the GS. then you can decorate these with the triangles.

this will take a while but will look the absolute dogs and if you keep the plasticard thin enough wont spoil the look of the model.

·
Registered
289 Posts
if you don't mind mixing your plastics, why not grab some Chaos Warriors? you'll have to GS the skeletal column, but it could work. Might want to file/cut off the arrows and chaos symbols though.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't really want to buy a stack more models.. If I did I'd just get more Dark Elves so the unit looked uniform to an extent. Its mainly the weapons I'm grabbing from everywhere else.

Plasticard might work.. I also got a suggestion for using paper, just something stiff as an armour plate base then hopefully I can work on it with GS to add a bit of detail at the edge. Its quite fiddly though... Maybe I'll search my bits boxes, I have stuff from everywhere might be able to find some armour pieces to stick on and just GS leather straps or something.. Orks come with extra bits don't they?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts