Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was raking today I suddently realized: Why hasn't anyone made mini leaves? For basing and such, I just crinkle up paper, cut out "Leaf" shapes, and glue it on. The only thing I can think of is wouldn't the paint make the paper wilt? Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

·
Registered
223 Posts
In I think WD 100 and something there was a bloke who did a big fantasy diorama of a Treeman. He had stuck extra leaves onto it and he stated that he had got these leaves from a certain company (and I'm sorry but I can't remember the company's name) that made sheets of etched brass leaves of a suitable scale. Maybe if you were to look around a bit the company might still be in existence?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Some types of flock in earth tones can be used to simulate fallen leaves, saw dust looks good as pine needles or fine leaf ground cover. Shredded paper can also work if you can get it like confetti.
Good luck....WAAAGH!

·
Registered
22 Posts
i like your ideas. In the white dwarf issue no. 286 i think theres a converted wood elf tree guy that they used statis grass to resemble leaves. In my oppinion making paper leaves would take too long.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well if you want to go for realism, and want another choice than paper, try a thin hard plastic.

Or if you don't care about realism you could always cut up some wire mesh, put pva glue on it, and dip it in flock, which will give it a leafy look, but that's more reserved for camo/guille suits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.