Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've been kicking around the conversion thing again, and now i'm debating making some mega armored nobz and a warboss out of the terminator box. I'm thinking the instead of storm bolters its easy enough to model shootas instead. However, for the power klaws i'm thinking the power fists with some spikeyness. Definitely an ork head and an iron gob. What do you think? you think this is orky enough, or you think it needs more?

·
846 Posts
Well as far as the idea goes, I think it might work. You'd have to make the terminator suit look extra orky by throwing on some spikes and such, but i think it's doable. I'd like to see the finished result, assuming you go forth with the idea.

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
I dunno....Termie armour looks very refined and clean, whereas mega armour looks like a huge amount of metal stuck around the Ork. It might look cool, but It wouldn't look very Orks, unless you did some serious magic to it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
if you add lots of "built in" bionik arms and plates, spikes it should look cool. i think if you have the thinner parts as orks arms...like cutting the arm and having the shoulder plate and fist attached to an ork elbow. any added mechanics...

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'm looking to get the terminators next week (have to wait for paychecks) here's what i'm thinking
Body: Terminator Armor: I figure a little plasti card to square the legs up a bit
Arm: Remove Storm bolter, add 2 shootas side by side and trimmed down a bit. For a Shoota/rokkit i'm using the cyclone and adding 2 big missiles. For the shoota scorcha i figure take the burna part off the heavy flamer and mount it under the shootas.
Arm: I have 2 left over power klaws, for the other 3 i'm thinking of adding spikes to the power fists/chainfist
Head: Ork of course, figure i have to add a gob to make it look more orky.

army theme is speed freaks that looted a black templar army anyway so i think it kinda fits.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was thinking of doing something similar too, but the human arms are much smaller than the meat fisted ork conterparts, plus their heads are much bigger, it might look a bit squashed in there for an Ork nob. Still more power to you if you pull it off, i'd love to see any pics you take.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Arms are smaller that's why i'm hoping to utilize power klaws if possible for everyone. in addition i'm planning on using ork arms for the shootas where possible and using plasticard to create armor around them. still have to get the finances for the terminators-hopeful for this weekend.

·
Registered
242 Posts
for my mega armourd nodz i used chaots terminator bodies and took the head and arms off, the i put ork heads and the metal teath things, lastly i addaed some kustoum <--(lol orkish) sluggas, shootas and even konbie weapons, i finshed htem off wit the chaos shoulder pads and a red apint job, and there ya heave it mega armourd nobz

hope that helped

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pictures removed for blurriness, will post new one's soon. thank you everyone for feedback and motivation. i have base coated them, so i'll be painting them and will work on clearer pictures. thank again.
mouse

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
New pics and fully painted with the Mega armored bosses new battlewagon. Let me know what you think. i'm starting mega armored nob #1 now, and still trying to get my new digi cam to work better with pictures.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.