Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive read all of the books about him and is he an actual dark elf character? I assume he is because theres a model for him and i have it myself but if he is a character is he any good? his model looks decent and i converted him for dark eldar but is he just a fancy highborn in fantasy?

·
Blood & Souls for Khaine!
320 Posts
fancy highborn, to say the least. he has the stats of a normal highborn and can unless the deamon inside of him and become a killing machine, hes good on the attack but wimpy on the defense. IMO he is worth every point.

·
Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
fancy highborn, to say the least. he has the stats of a normal highborn and can unless the deamon inside of him and become a killing machine, hes good on the attack but wimpy on the defense. IMO he is worth every point.
neat because his books are kool and in one he brought down a bloodthirster, a chaos warlord, and a daemonically possessed sorcerrer. Im pretty sure if he tried this in real fantasy hed get owned. also if i ever do a second fantasy army after vampire counts its definately going to be dark elves.

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
I've not read the book but I did happen to buy a limited edition model of him on foot. It's a shame that I lost him actually.

He's in the current Dark Elf rulebook and has some nice rules. The model is also really nice and could make a very good lord.

·
Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've not read the book but I did happen to buy a limited edition model of him on foot. It's a shame that I lost him actually.

He's in the current Dark Elf rulebook and has some nice rules. The model is also really nice and could make a very good lord.
Currently hes my funky looking sybarite for dark eldar.
Also i wanna know what dark elves are like, what kind of tactics are good for them, what units are good etc cause im probably planning to collect them in the future.

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
Also i wanna know what dark elves are like, what kind of tactics are good for them, what units are good etc cause im probably planning to collect them in the future.
They're having an update at the tail end of this year. That should see funky new rules and lots of nice new models.

I personally enjoyed using them while I played them. I found them to be fast, maneuverable and immensely powerful in combat and magic.They're still very fragile due to the fact that they're elves.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Malus Darkblade is an awesome character. DE are very fragile being T3, but Chariots, Reapter Bolt Throwers, Cold Ones, and Sorcs can really pack a punch. Corsairs are wonderful, so are Witch Elves (but be careful if you fight any High Elves since the Witch Elves are just like throwing points out the window if you field them versus HE) I found that I only really had a tough time versus Bretonnia. We had an escalation league and that was the only army I lost too before I had to pull out (started at 500, went up to 2k).

·
Blood & Souls for Khaine!
320 Posts
WOOT! soon to be new blood in our forum. Fantasy DE are actually fairly similar to DE in 40k they are fast, some units are hard hitting,have good magic and most wear reinforced cardboard for armor and have low T. They area fairly well balanced force right now and although most perfer to style there army to excel in CC their magic can be downright nasty. If you would like to her more dont hesitate to PM me8Y

·
...or is it?
953 Posts
Malus Darkblade is really awful. True, he is slightly better than a normal highborn, but he can't take additional magic items, and you can take two highborns with upgrades for the same points. and he just attracts units and gets slaughtered really quickly.

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
Malus Darkblade is really awful. True, he is slightly better than a normal highborn, but he can't take additional magic items, and you can take two highborns with upgrades for the same points. and he just attracts units and gets slaughtered really quickly.
He's a special character. You're not meant to base your armies around him (unless it's theme of course).

·
Registered
351 Posts
WARNING: IF YOU HAVE NOT READ LORD OF RUIN SKIP THIS POST! SPOILERS ARE PRESENT!

I've seen a reenactment of the Battle of the Tower of Ghrond in Lord of Ruin, and i thought that it was cool. I don't think i've seen so many marauders in a long time. It was 200,000 pts total, 100,000 on each side. the battle lasted for two weeks, playing like, 5 hours a day. No, I did not watch every moment, but I saw a bunch of it. This was at a friends house, and it was basically a party. There were other battles going on, but they were all cancelled in favor of this.

Nagaria was 1kpts! She was a specal character who had access to all the chaos spells and this daemon summoning spell that she could use once a turn to summon a group of any one kind of lesser daemon, or once every three turns to summon a greater daemon. Malus, with Tz'arkan's help, he actually killed a bloodthirster. Though they never put in the whole Malus getting kidnapped by his half brother. Islivar and a group of cult of slaanesh, like two thousand points, actually appearred inside the walls of Ghrond. Their objective was to kill Malus, then Morthai, then Malekith, in that order.

Thay actually made it to Malus, but he killed Isilvar w/out Tz'arkan's help. They pulled Malus back for one turn, and the cult of Slaanesh was destroyed soon after. Malus came back (well, I had converted a model with the three skulls representing Malekith's personal champion, the Taker of Heads, for Malus, along with both the warpsword, and this wierd curved blade, upon their request. I later found out to be Isilvar's vaulkhar sword) and this new malus came out. The vaulkhar's sword gave him killing blow and +2 strength. And he killed. and killed, and killed. Malus was the MVP before and after Malekith revealed himself.

After a long assault, the gates of the inner wall opened and every remaining dark elf, about 75k points, charged out, Malus at their head. Malus killed Nagaria and three champions in single combat. Unfortunately, Nagaria's spell that protected her reflected his own attack against Malus, and Malus was killed. Welll, removed from battle.

the chaos horde was soon outnumbered three to one, and then routed.

Go Druchii!!!!!!!

Possesed (now can you figure where I got my name from?)

·
Registered
139 Posts
so are Witch Elves (but be careful if you fight any High Elves since the Witch Elves are just like throwing points out the window if you field them versus HE)
Ummm they arn't the best against HE true, but they can kick the pants out of white lions, did the averages for em, end up winning because of hatred+tones of attacks

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
Ummm they arn't the best against HE true, but they can kick the pants out of white lions, did the averages for em, end up winning because of hatred+tones of attacks
I agree. Obviously charging onto the front of spearman blocks would be foolish but obviously wouldn't do that. HE shooting isn't that potent and there will be more pressing targets (such as Cold One Knights) for them to shoot at.

Frenzy means that they would have to pursue anyway so hatred has a largely positive effect.

This post is mainly aimed at the post quoted in my quoted post :)S).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Malus is pretty good, actually...in a game where you're limited with your lord choices, and want a highborn to pack some punch and have T5 (like, uh, most lord lvl characters) then I'd get him...

His magic items are fairly decent anyways, considering Spite, his cold one, gives him a better armor save, and is much better than a normal cold one.

·
...or is it?
953 Posts
We are not doubting that he is good, we are doubting that he is worth his points. And he's not (in my humble opinion). See reasons above.

Also, this thread has been dead for 50 days. It is unwise to bring threads such as this back. It annoys the mods.

Attila

1 - 16 of 16 Posts