Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
That Which Has No Time
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello staff,

every time I visit LO (starting yesterday, I'm guessing about 24h ago) my system is attacked by malware. My anti-virus software states it is 'EXP/Pidief.GI'. This does not happen when I surf any other websites on the internet. I don't know what to do about it. I would very much like to know whether other users suffer from this problem too and what I might be able to do about it.

Thanks very much!
Red

·
That Which Has No Time
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That did help discover a previously unrecognized trojan, but I keep picking up malware every time I visit LO. Every post I open here on the forums makes the malware attack again. It happens at no other site.
I use Windows XP with service pack 2, Firefox 3.5.5, up-to-date Avira AntiVir, up-to-date ZoneAlarm firewall, up-to-date Malwarebytes as proposed by A.T.

This first happened when I clicked on an old thread with a new post, which turned out to be spam. Didn't click on the post, though, or follow any links there or anything...

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
From some googling it appears that EXP/Pidief.GI is part of the detection rules antivir uses so it could possibly be giving a false negative (though I highly doubt it).

Just in case the thing is lurking in fox's cache, I would empty that (control+shift+delete in fox 3.5) and click details and deselect all bar chache - I would be tempted to go with cookies as well but it'll probably swipe any persistent logins for forums and such, so that is something to be prepared for.

·
That Which Has No Time
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I primarily wanted to know whether I am the only one with this problem or not, so as to ascertain whether this could have something to do with the site or is merely my personal problem. Seems to be the latter, I fear.

And though I do not know if the issue is entirely resolved yet, you two (A.T. and The_Outsider) have been a great help. Thanks for your tips! That'll be rep for both of you.

Other than that: case closed, I guess! If it's not an LO problem then this thread is done. Sorry to have bothered!

·
3,395 Posts
I primarily wanted to know whether I am the only one with this problem or not, so as to ascertain whether this could have something to do with the site or is merely my personal problem.
It's not just you. I've been seeing a nasty little PDF exploit popping up - if you update to the newest version of acrobat reader it might block it.

·
The Uncivil Servent
900 Posts
I am not noticing any problems either. Everything seems to be working fine. I am using firefox 3.5 and XP service pack 2 and Norton 2009.

·
The Shadow Knows!
1,590 Posts
I have XP and I view with IE, and my virus protection is Sophos, and this week I've been getting a Mal/obfJS-CM detected in http :// gjbeeklgpnf.com /nte/TREST10.php!!!!!

Can you fix this, or is it me?!

·
The Landlord
5,750 Posts
I guess its one of the ads from the 728x90 banner. Can you try see what kind of banner it is next time you get this alert and maybe take a screenshot and post here ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts