Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
(Un)Official LO Map Maker
831 Posts
Need some help? I'll throw together some now (40k votewar maps are easy compared to fantasy) before I go to work if you like. Jungle, city, ruins, mixed. PM them to you tonight (should be less than 12 hours...). To the map-mobile!

Edit: 2 maps done (I won't do anymore, you probably want to use your own instead. All that hard work, etc), scanner is unreliable, so I'll wait and see on what you say and then go ahead.

·
831 Posts
Organising and running a votewar this big is incredible and takes a lot of your time and effort, so I'm more than happy to help out as much as I can!

Just wondering with maps, how are you doing yours? In terms of style/format. Are they hand-drawn or paint/photoshop? Can I get a few descriptions on how your doing things (PM if you like, whatever) like buildings so we can have maps that are fairly similar... Mine are almost identical to how I did my maps from the fantasy votewar a few months ago, forests and hills are exactly the same and I'm mostly just changing the buildings to look like GW ruined buildings. Might fiddle around on how to do bunkers, bastions, landing pads, craters, etc.

I'm dividing the maps in quarters with a dotted line, and a solid line for the 12" deployment zone, don't know how you're doing yours. Just as long as the 3 deployment types are all clearly visible I guess...

How do you want to go about with placement of objectives? Or are we sticking with just "4 objectives match" and they're assumed to be spread around? Either way, I've placed a little compass symbol pointing North, so if you have to describe anything just say "NW" or "SE of the hill in the bottom right hand quarter". This should also help with deployment and tactics ("Deploying SE of the bunker")

We can stockpile and organise our maps for future votewars after this one with occasional updates (to keep y'all on your toes :D ). Might do the same for the fantasy forum after the upcoming votewar.

Reactions: stayscrunchyinmilk

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Organising and running a votewar this big is incredible and takes a lot of your time and effort, so I'm more than happy to help out as much as I can!

Just wondering with maps, how are you doing yours? In terms of style/format. Are they hand-drawn or paint/photoshop? Can I get a few descriptions on how your doing things (PM if you like, whatever) like buildings so we can have maps that are fairly similar... Mine are almost identical to how I did my maps from the fantasy votewar a few months ago, forests and hills are exactly the same and I'm mostly just changing the buildings to look like GW ruined buildings. Might fiddle around on how to do bunkers, bastions, landing pads, craters, etc.
Hand drawn, and I'll bring in the page tomorrow if I remember and I'll scan in my key for you. It's no big deal if we have different styles though :)
I'm dividing the maps in quarters with a dotted line, and a solid line for the 12" deployment zone, don't know how you're doing yours. Just as long as the 3 deployment types are all clearly visible I guess...
Actually, I've divided mine up into 2'x2' blocks - the deployment isn't particuarly complicated for 40k, and that way the map is cleaner - but I have no objection to deployment lines if you want to add them in!
How do you want to go about with placement of objectives? Or are we sticking with just "4 objectives match" and they're assumed to be spread around?
The latter - I wanted to be able to use the same maps for each game type without clutter on there (in the same way as the deployment lines).
Either way, I've placed a little compass symbol pointing North, so if you have to describe anything just say "NW" or "SE of the hill in the bottom right hand quarter". This should also help with deployment and tactics ("Deploying SE of the bunker")
I'll be doing the same.

We can stockpile and organise our maps for future votewars after this one with occasional updates (to keep y'all on your toes :D ). Might do the same for the fantasy forum after the upcoming votewar.
It's like you read my mind :D

·
1,271 Posts
Do you have any maps done? Could we see what they look like? I've got some maps from when I was playing 40k by e-mail via powerpoint, but depending on how stilled you are as an artists or if there is a certain "style" to yours, mine might not "fit".

·
831 Posts
[MENTION=33660]realitycheque[/MENTION] Awesome, I was worried that they'd be entirely different from one another. But this should be fine. Divided into 2' by 2' boards isn't a bad idea... I'll sketch it out and see if I'll go with that one instead. Uniformity would be best.
How would be collect/organise it all? A sticky with links to the exterior pages with all the maps? Mine are on Imageshack at the moment.

[MENTION=13683]Marnepup[/MENTION] I'm just a huge tease :p Had to drop it somewhere.

[MENTION=16639]sunnyside[/MENTION] On my profile page, I posted a few links for Imageshack. Just hop on there. Basically, the maps are a tidier, 40k version of those. Very similar, just a bit lighter on the inking to make it easier to read.

·
831 Posts
I got new ink pens today! Back to the map making I go...

·
831 Posts
I know it's a double...

We formatted our computer, and can't find the printer/scanner disk... so it's now an uninstalled piece of junk. I'll find a way to work around this. Just thought I'd keep you guys in the loop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.