Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ahhhhh....
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marauders, are they worth putting into your army? To me, they are just another Empire State Troops, but with so many better unit choices we have (Warrior, Chariot, Knights), I dont see a reason why they are in our book. They are LDR7 (very easily to get panic'ed) that don't benefit from having a Slaanesh character join the unit. I just started Slaanesh Mortal army and I've been thinking over and over about adding 2 units of Marauders just because they are in the book but I cant find any reason for them :X

How do you guys play your Marauders? A single unit of 25 Marauders with shield, armour, full command is at 200+ points, and while they are indeed cheap but those points add up as you take more than 1 unit... and again, with their LDR 7 it's not very hard to get them to run away. :?

·
575 Posts
Naw, they're not that bad (it's rather quite the opposite ;) )

First thing: Keep your general close by (well, within his 12" command range) and then they can test on his ld (8 or 9 depending on what you take) or you can put a character into the unit. A lot of people do that. The marauders provide static CR whilst the character does the killings.

Secondly, they might not perform too well regarding panic (but only if you compare with Khorne/Slaanesh/Undivided troops) but for most panic tests you need to inflict 25% casualties. Out of the mentioned 25-block that would have to be 7 models. A standard magic missile (d6 st4 hits) can't even do this on its own. And if your opponent actually concentrates his shooting on your marauders, well, then your other troops will advance with less casualties.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.