Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I've been building an army of Malal (old, forgotten, 5th chaos god). The color scheme doesn't bother me, but I've been using trim to denote marks. I have a 2000pt cavalry list, and about 1000pts of infantry that I don't use. I have regiments of both Marauders, and also Warriors.

Now, my 30-man Marauder regiment is marked Nurgle, as appropriate. My 12 man regiment of Marauders with Flails is set to come in with Wulfrik in fun games, and as such they're marked Khorne.

Where I'm hung up is the mark for my Warriors. They're just basic Sword and Shield warriors, and I'm wondering if there's an effective mark to give them, or if they're better off without a mark at all.

Also looking for suggestions on how to mark Shield-and-Halberd Chosen.

·
All Cav WoC General
693 Posts
When in doubt: Slannesh.

This mark is gold for 10 points (its 10 right? lol). If the unit isn't meant for a specific purpose you just can't go wrong with it. Immunity to Fear/panic/terror is just great.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I mark all my Warriors with Nurgle for the shooting protection. It usually takes a few turns to get them marched up to the enemy, and most competent armies are gonna shoot something at you. A -1 BS can weaken good shooting and almost negate decent and subpar shooting. Also nice when enemies Stand & Shoot.

The minus to WS ain't too bad either. Diminishes superior cc enemies, while almost negating all standard troops.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Warriors have armor and toughness to stop shooting, they have crappy leadership to stop fear and terror. I'd argue its mandatory to mark big expensive warrior/chosen blocks with slaanesh, unless you're going to put a fear causing mount in the unit.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Oh yeah, Pinkus. I put characters with some sort of fear causing thing into each of these units.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts