Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard from a reliable Gamesworkshop source that necrons and a c'tan tomb is located in the depths of mars! That much is evident from reading the fluff in the new cron codex, but next summer, after eye of terror, there will be a campaing that will awaken a new C'tan and possibly threaten Earth! (although we all know that it will be rigged so that the imperium will win ;) And I wanted to know, I know that the C'tan that wakes up will have somehing to do with the imperium's technology, but in light of this, do you think that the eldar's use of plasma weapons in any way relates to the imperium's? Is there a connection between starcannon and plasma gun?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Mmmm Galactical buffet...

With the old-ones gone, who can stand in the way of the walking gods?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Cold machine logic lacks one thing, adaptability. As far as i know, the vast majority of the necrons (except the Necron Lords) have the IQ of a slightly stunned servitor, therefore they can't possibly win against the adaptability of the living races. Having said that, the C'tan are a different bucket of bolts. Still they are scared of the Warp and the Enslavers that dwel there, can't think why. :huh:

·
Registered
857 Posts
The Dragon is the Machine God, and the source of all Adeptus Mechanicus and, by exension, Imperium, tech... a scary thought. Also, the C'tan are afraid of the Warp and Enslavers because the Warp weakens them- they HATE that stuff. The Old Ones, in fact, created it to fight the C'tan. They are tactical geniuses, but they have a major blind spot: they regard all "lesser races" as cattle and are likely to sorely underestimate any concerted attack on them, also because they know they are immortal. Necrons themselves are mostly mndless, except for the Lords, which retain some of their former selves. However, their tech is SO FAR beyond anything else in the galaxy, they don't need to be too strategic. Also, remember the Dragon is weak after its long slumber, so I doubt Earth is in serious danger- it does have fearsome protectors. The nightbringer would be closer to 100,000 points, but it has just awakened and is very weak. You gots to read the Codex fluff...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Here is a thought, according to the Necron Codex, the arch heretic Adept Corteswain (and his followers) believe that the technology that the human race acquired during the Dark Age of Technology was 'plundered' from the Necrontyr sciences. So when the Dragon awakens and decides that he needs to fed his ego and accepts the Dragon Cults worship, imagine the technology it could give them, it could bring a second Dark Age of Technology. (far fetched i know but a valid thought non the less). BTW, it is rumoured that the Dragon purposely caused the Age of Strife (judging by the story about the fall of the Silvae [Page 50 Codex: Necrons] the rumour may have some 'truth' to it)

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Nightbringer is far weaker than he used to be, as are the Necrons. According to one WD fluff article the Necrons Lightning Fields were so powerful that they could reduce whole armies to cinders whithout lifting a finger. At the moment the Necrons seem to be using less advanced technology than they originally had at the dawn of time, perhaps the more advanced stuff has yet to awaken . . . .

The Nightbringer was prevented from entering stasis by the Deceiver, and when he was released in the novel, Nightbringer, he is exceptionally weak. At his full strength . . . and lets not forget the ships. Necron ships are advanced as it is, but I believe I recall certain occasions were a C'Tan entity would 'possess' a Necron ship instead of a Necrodermis (Necron ships are made from living metal after all) and increase that ships power a hundredfold. Just imagine what damage a Tomb-ship or larger could do when infused with the essence of the Nightbringer . . .

As for the Necrons lacking adabtability, well so long as the Deciever sticks around I doupt that will be a problem. The Deciever is a hundred times smarter than any High Lord, Chaos Prince, Ethereal or whatever, and with the resources of the Imperium and the other C'Tan pottentially at his disposal, not even all the other false Gods combined will stop him. As for Demons and the Warp, well that is why we have Pariahs :a

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ah yes that reminds me, what are the Pariahs? The Codex says that they are a terrible symbiosis of Necron technology and Human evolution, the next phase of the C'tan's ideal for the galaxy. :huh: Forgive my ignorance but that only confused me more, does that mean Pariahs are essentially cyborgs? Part human part Necron?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
thats why they dont get wwb rolls and arent"necrons"

i know so many ppl that veil with pariahs and u cant! lol they arent necrons but ppl dont get that

·
Registered
43 Posts
Paraiahs are just like SMs, crunchy shell with a soft chewy center, just the suit is labeled "c'tan made" not "imperial made".

·
Registered
342 Posts
Fair enough, I've been wondering how powerful the Dragon would be compared to the other 3 C'tan (assuming they are all at full strength)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
in a fight between the dragon, the nightbringer and diecever i say nightbringer whoops all there asses. but then again i dont even know wat the dragon does so can someone help me on this :lol: :eek:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well the Nightbringer would be the most powerful, the weakest would be the Deciever (as I read he was officially the weakest C'tan). So it's out of the Dragon and the Outsider for 2nd place.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Pariahs are somehow related to Clexus Assassins. Both are phychic nulls, clexus assassins are mentioned numerous times in the necron codex, and the reason for a clexus' null ability, is that he has the "Pariah" gene. Coincidence?

·
Registered
342 Posts
the reason for a clexus' null ability, is that he has the "Pariah" gene
Hmm, the plot thickens. These C'tan chaps seem to have their claws into everything! Is there anything else the C'tan just happen to be responsible for?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.