Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that some of the huge units have mass points. How do mass points work? Is it everytime you cause enough wounds to kill it loses one mass point and doesnt die until all of the mass points are gone?

·
850 Posts
Mass Points works the same as Struture Points on the Titan and BaneBlade. Just Mass Points is the Tyranis version of it.

How it works is that it acts as additional wounds, but it is like a shield. If a model has a weapon that can instant kill the tyranid, that weapon instead only destroys one point. So it fully kill the tyranid monster, you have to fist get rid of all the mass points before doing anything to the pyshical creature.

And to answer your question Aramil, mass point can be found on Bio-Titan creatures like the heirodule aand the Harridan. Look at the ForgeWorld models, there you can see the tyranid Bio-Titans.

·
Registered
175 Posts
They are in the various Imperial Armour books by Forgeworld and are "Superheavy" units only taken with your opponent's permission.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I like the Forge World stuff. It all looks amazing. BTW, what's with the Spore Chimney and Capillary Towers? Those are also discussed in WD255, right? I don't have that issue. Are they worth looking into? I'd really like to know what they do. Are they a lot of points?

You see, we are starting up a Cityfight campaign and I'd suspect they'd make great defensive fortification options. Better than the generic stuff in the book commonly used by all those tasty, apendage-disadvantaged, lone-minded fleshbags. ;)

Can someone please give me a big, fat, juicy hint?

·
850 Posts
The Spore Chimney and Capillary Towers are supposed to really be just terrain. so if you wanted to make an Tyranid infested orld, you could buy Spore Chimney and Capillary Towers as some terrain for your guys.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ah. The write-up on the Forge World site left the impression that they were actual "things" you pay points for (or use) in a game and that there are actual rules for them in WD255.

Oh well.

·
850 Posts
you might be right. hmm...looks like i need to hunt the stuff down now.

·
Registered
515 Posts
What are mass points? iv never heard of them before.
no there not epic, they are really for 40k. Just there rules are in a book called Imperial Armour. Here is the site to the tyranid bio-Titan guys:

Tyranid Bio-Titans and other ForgeWorld models(link)
I dont see any bio-titans on there.

You can hardly call the HIERODULE's titans, they very small.(i know the models arn't cus i seen one(held when is first came out) as far as i know theres only a few titans made out of washing machines in GW HQ and may some more around in the world.).

·
850 Posts
Well, i hate break it to you but the Heirodule and the Harridan ARE bio-titans. Bio-Titans are the only creatures can have mass points and both of these models have it look through the Imperial Armour books. There you ca n see their stats. Also, Haemogod, read the second post, that will answer your question w/ mass points. And also, i think you really haven't seen the Heirodule and Harridan face to face. The Harridan is almost as big as the Thunderhawk and why the Heirodule looks somewhat small is b/c he is crouching, like stalking his prey.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
As a sidenote, not all titans are that big. Warhound scout titans have a size of approximately 12 metres, nevertheless they are titans.
Warlords or even Imperator titans are huge though...but even their size got reduced in the recent fluff. Old Imperator titans used to be more than one kilometre tall, now they are described to reach about 200 metres.

jwu

·
850 Posts
hey thanks Archon. I was having a little trouble trying to Haemogod how big the bio-titan guys are or how big any titan is for that matter.

Also, i wanted to ask how big is the BaneBlade and those tanks? Like what does the fluff say about their height and stuff like that.

But anyway, Haemogod, the Bio-titans are big. I think the fluff of the Heirodule is that it is suppose to be as big as a titan. Just since ForgeWorld made the model they had to make him a good size so ppl can play him in 40k battles. And the big diffence b/w normal imperial forgeWorld stuff and the Tyranids, you can add a Heirodule in your 1500pt army if you damn well please, it just takes up alot of points.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I saw the barbed version on the third of september 2 years ago :p
I didnt think is was very titany, but i found it was very heavy, why do u belive i havent seen one, u probably think i dont find it scairy, the probs because being a tyranid play i plan never to face one.

OoO whats the problem anyway?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Im sorry to bump my post but i get access denided on the topic so i cant scroll down the the cange post button, But i can press the replie button and read the last 10 replies <:>

Im sorry i was so ignorant, i was not talking about the flying one at all(iv never seen it other than on the page link in this topic, sorry to burst u buble about me not seeing it, i never said i had), im not bothered about it, but the smaller ones are a little small arnt they? for titans

·
850 Posts
yeah your right they are small, but since they are used in 40k, you need them to be a certain size so they fit on the table. But also sorry for being edgey on you.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Check your whitedwarfs, I belive you all have stacks of them, unless your new (like me, only 3 yrs collecting) I think it was in one a few years back, a month or two before I started.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.