Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok noob ? but I still can't get my head around it:

Who can take master crafted and what weapons are allowed. I kinda figured you can't run around with a MC Flamer since it's a template weapon, but what about the others??
I've read the core book, sm codex and wolves codex, but I still can't get a clear picture. Is it possible a simple grey hunter (although thier nay simple) can have a MC Bolter ??
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks. :D

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
The "master-crafted" upgrade is wargear, wargear is only available to characters. These may master-craft one of their weapons. I'm not sure, eventually there are restrictions if they can MC both ranged and close combat weapons, this will be literally mentioned in the rules though.

jwu

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by ArchonAstaroth@May 18 2003, 01:42
The "master-crafted" upgrade is wargear, wargear is only available to characters.
Ok so they mean Indi Characters, like hero's and such, not just characters (sorry, but I come from a long line of D&D gaming, so characters to me are ANY characters :D ) So now it makes sense! :blink: Kewl, thanks

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
It's not only for independent characters, normal squad characters (e.g. veteran sergeants, exarches, aspiring champions...) can have it too.

jwu

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Basically, any model with access to the armoury can chose to mastercraft one of his/her/it's weapons. Unless specifically noted otherwise, any weapon can be mastercrafted, right now the only exceptions I can tihnk of are Daemon weapons and krak grenades/melta bombs and similar grenades, but these aren't really weapons anyway.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I'm lookin at the rules, and I see the entries "Can choose weaps from the armoury", but then I look at the pictures of the models (Specifically the SW Codex) and there I see GH and BC with Wolf Tooth Necklaces, and Wolf Pelts, and Wolf Tail Talismans, I know they Include these with the Models (because I collect them). So is this just dramatic fluff, or is it functional wargear? :eek: In both of their entries there is no metion that they can take wargear and more than one model has the stuff so it's not like their a sarg or what not? I'm soooo confused? :blink: Any ideas on that? :D

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
The look of the model doesn't matter concerning this. Of course, a model should display what a model is equipped with, but if you see an item on the default model then this doesn't automatically mean that the game-wise model which is supposed to be represented with the actual model can have that stuff. E.g. in codex chaos you can see a picture of a plaguemarine with a heavy bolter - but plaguemarines can't have heavy bolters in the game.

Eventually there is a squad upgrade option concerning grenades for that unit, you can equip certain units (and not only the single character model of that unit)with e.g. frag grenades and these are often displayed on the default model. If there is such an option, then it's literally mentioned in the unit's rules.

jwu

·
Registered
33 Posts
Back to mastercrafting, does anyone think it would be overkill to mastercraft the stormbolter, after all its a assult 2 weapon, and mastercrafting it would only let you reroll one missed shot per turn.

Thanks in advance.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
no a storm bolter shot that is an instrument of evil moving death the bolter is more of a stationary weapon that kills through overpowering waves.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.